New Bullet Train electric start kit

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 16, 2016
america
Has anyone tried to put a shift kit on the new Flying Horse Bullet Train Electric Start Engine Kit? Also has anyone had any experience with the kit with or without a shift kit. Thanks!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I bought one... looks like super nice quality but its just sitting on my garage desk waiting for a frame I can shove it on and hide all the ugly electronics and battery. I'm thinking a fake tank bike and hide the junk in it. Or a bike with a front rack to mount battery and electric box. That stuff is hideous. I guess the engines are smooth and pretty peppy. God knows if anything will last or how easy they are to fix.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Does the sprocket look like it could connect to the SBP shift kits?
I've never installed a jack shaft...yet but I would imagine it would work as the
the chain sprocket is in the same relationship to the frame mount. Its just the outside engine dimensions are bigger to make room for the wet automatic clutch and electric start.
One may have to use some shims or spacers but should work. Here are some close up pictures I took this morning for you, maybe you can gleam the info you need from them?

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yeah it seems like it would fit fine. Thanks for the pictures that's exactly what I was looking for :)
Its a wide beast, you will need a super wide crank/pedal arm set for sure to clear it. There is one guy who posted a video that may give you more info.
I'm planning on getting rid of the CDI box and mounting everything in a tube
of some sort. Then putting the battery on a rear rack or a front rack. You can run the engine without even using the battery or alternator as it has a magneto pull start. We will see down the line. let us know on your build decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfrzd-ZBxPQ

Zip

Mar 16, 2016
america
I'm not sure if i'm going to go with this one or a normal 2 stroke with an centrifugal clutch kit on it. I really just was interested in this new one for that. If i can find a decent centrifugal clutch kit I'm gonna do that.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
If it was me I would do a standard 2 stroke as they are so easy to fix and parts and add on parts are cheap. I do not even see replacement parts yet for the bullet train. So that's a grey area at the moment.
Plus its way cheaper and you can really do anything you want with a standard not to mention they look way cooler. Its why my Bullet Train engine is just a paper weight at the moment.

Zip

Bobo08

Jul 26, 2015
Falmouth MA
The new BT kit is lacking In power however if you get an x pipe and a Mikuni carburetor it turns this kit into a super reliable engine with all the bells and whistles. Way better crank super balanced and runs smooth .

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I seem to remember seem to remember some web site claiming it has like 4.5 horse power, as only a 66cc with stock muffler and carb I personally doubted it.
With that said they do sound like a smooth running small bore engine. Its the possible lack of replacement parts listed anywhere I know at the moment, that stings at the moment.
They say on the BB web site they say this... Enjoy the benefits of more horsepower. I certainly will review it here in detail if I ever get it fit onto something. Certainly is a somewhat strange cylinder and one piece head design.
Bobo08 did you buy one and get it installed on a bike? Just curious on hearing more feedback. Thanks.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Very cool, but all that extra krap to mount makes it quite unattractive for me. What's the deal with the head/cylinder? Are replacements readily available?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Its a upside down reversed, inversed head.
Its a ton of crap and is way ugly on a bike. Needs to all be hidden somehow.I guess one could call Zeda for new parts...maybe? Be way cooler if someone would just make a china girl That was all new design but simple.