Clutch issue

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
I got this bike used from a guy in the next town over for cheap. Have had a few problems here and there. For this part of the forum I'll ask about my clutch. I've adjusted it three times and I have to keep tightening the flower nut to get it to pop into drive right. I've looked and someone said it might be a broken key? I just need to know what I need to do to get the adjustment to stop. When I get to my workspace ill take the nut off and check the pads...idk if it'll help but I'll try

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Check to see if the flower nut threads or clutch shafts threads are stripped. And it may be a dumb question, but you do have the little screw that locks the flower nut, right?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Well hold on. There has to be a reason this is happening. Maybe the cable is still stretching, or maybe losing its grip on the end?

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
I checked the cable stretching issue. My screw on the clutch is on tight. I had a local vendor tell me it may be the clutch pads. So I'm going to pull off the plate and check the pads underneath. hopefully carb cleaner will fix this issue. if its the pads then itll have to sit. but I decided to take it to him and let him look at it because it has a plethora of issues atm.:-||