hi, from ohio

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
just built my first motor bike this weekend, was surprised by how cheap and shoddy the kit was, also the huffy bike's aren't what they were when i was a kid. anyway, got it all built and it runs. being the tinker that i am i see lots of improvements that will be made on the next one. looking forward to being a part of the forum.

jjstanza

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
just built my first motor bike this weekend, was surprised by how cheap and shoddy the kit was, also the huffy bike's aren't what they were when i was a kid. anyway, got it all built and it runs. being the tinker that i am i see lots of improvements that will be made on the next one. looking forward to being a part of the forum.
I'm new to motorbikes and I am also in Ohio. Where abouts are you located in the Great State of Ohio?

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Greetings and welcome. Have you been able to get a license for your motorbike at the
BMV yet ? Please tell us about YOUR experience with that ? :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Cam,
Welcome and you said the magic words..."the next one". That's one of the problems with motorbikes; they're like potato chips. You can't stop at just one. Have fun, ride careful.
Tom

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
didn't know there was a need for the dmv, rode past a cop yesterday, he didn't give me any looks. yeah. i have plans for the next one already. i'm thinking an olive drab army scout bike. can't wait to get started on it. although i will be making some improvements to the throttle, rear sprocket and chain tensioner.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Welcome from North eastern Ahia....Ashtabula county to be more exact.

It only takes two cans of krylon to make a military bike!
that looks good. i was thinking of doing the engine flat black, using flat white for a star and some army logos and building a rack on the rear for a small jerry can and maybe a trenching shovel.

HardyBikes

May 5, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
Yeah most police don't mind at all. I talked to one for about 20 minutes before she realized. Oh and when she realized, it was because I told her about it. Haha.. Good luck man. These things are too much fun!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i did a tear down on the bike to paint the tins. used the lacquer type paint sold at auto zone, i really like that stuff. will post some pics in a few day. thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I never had a problem with the tank, engine or exhaust (except the first 4" or so) Just let it dry for a full day.

It's not even high temp paint.