All done - too cold!!

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
So classy.
Did you use shrink-wrap on the wiring?

I hope that temperature is at least bringing some snow, here in ontario we got rain for the holidays.

trbdigital

Dec 15, 2014
Saskatchewan
Thanks. I didn't use shrink wrap. I used some Gorilla tape. Likely won't last, but it'll do for now. I also still have to double not all the mounts. It was hard to find metric sizes in the the hardware stores.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
You'll keep the handlebars like that for a few weeks, then you'll flip them up. I didn't like them, that way.
They looked a lot cooler, but weren't functional at all. I eventually went to Ape Hangers.

Great looking build, though. I hope you have fun with it...

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Looks good but while it's still cold out maybe you should think about doing a little more work.
Beef up your fender mount, add front brake, muffler support, and shorten your chain.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice looking build but I'm a little concerned. Where are the brakes? I don't see a coaster brake arm on the rear and there isn't any rim brakes. How do you stop that bike?

Have to tried running without that kit chain tensioner? The bike has horizontal drop outs which should provide you with engine drive chain tension adjustment without the need of that tensioner. If needed you could tension the pedal chain with it.

I agree that you need to check/reinforce the front fender mounting. They can cause you trouble if they come loose.

Thanks for sharing and good luck, have fun and ride safe when the weather gets better.

Tom

trbdigital

Dec 15, 2014
Saskatchewan
Thanks for the comments. The coaster brake is there - attached to the seat stay.

I'm going to try and shorten the chain. See if I can get rid of the tensioner. I have been looking at that.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Rear racks are cool, But you know whats even cooler? Back seats ;)
http://www.thebikeseat.com/

I must say that is a cool way to set up the handlebars, although im kinda glad I didint do it since you all say it does not feel right. I kinda wish mine weren't chrome now too, Looks so sleek! :p
Ever thought about going electric?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice work and I applaud your attention to detail. You have a good grasp of where the weak areas are and how to address them. You won't regret the labor you've put into those reinforcements.
Fenders are nice and certainly help keep you and the bike cleaner but they can cause some serious problems if not taken care of. Looks like you've done that. Congratulations.

Tom