400+ hours and still going

GoldenMotor.com

truecruiser

May 13, 2014
Port Huron Mi
Thanks to this forum and all the information it offers and help from its members This bike was put together well and is probably the reason its still going strong . THIS PLACE ROCKS !

truecruiser

May 13, 2014
Port Huron Mi
I did my home work before I did the build . In the state of Michigan any bike with up to a 50cc motor has to be registered as a moped . It needs to have a headlight capable of reaching a certain distance [I don't remember how far] it also has to have a tail light , working brake light and a horn . I couldn't find any such thing as a brake light switch for these things so I fabricated one . After all that is met You have to have it inspected by local law enforcement and have the proper forms filled out from the secretary of state . after all that you can register it . Kind of a pain but Ive recently seen 2 of these bikes towed .

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Too late but they have brake lights now that are a combination of tail light and brake light that work with a computer chip in them that detects your brakeing action and the brake lights come on automaticly. go to you tube and put in bicycle smart light and you will see a demonstration of how it works. They have one installed on a recumbent bicycle.

truecruiser

May 13, 2014
Port Huron Mi
Its a 6 volt battery . It runs all my lights . Its a little crude but serves its purpose . This is my 1 and only build . My next build will have a generator . but all in all I'm happy with the way things turned out . I had to have done something right , I'm on my 3rd summer and I actually road it a lot through 2 winters .