Straight Bar Sickness

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice powder coat job. Whoever did it knows his stuff.
Just one question. How did you get away with putting it on your sofa for pictures? :)

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool frame. It would make a great klunker replica (pre-mountain bike off roader).
When the doc gives up on your curing your colds, you just have keep experimenting yourself.
Little things like flushing your nose with saline spray sometimes prevent colds. Use store bought sterile saline.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Nice powder coat job. Whoever did it knows his stuff.
Just one question. How did you get away with putting it on your sofa for pictures? :)

Tom
Hah , Yes that is easy,,, Wait til the wifey goes grocery shopping of course!

The guy I take my work has been doing metal cleaning & powder coating for over 20yrs.

Here is a pic of the headbadge,,, I used some of the wifes nail polish & some thinner to make it brush on easier. It not as dark, but looks good enough.

later,Dirty

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Really good powder coaters are not easy to find. So many places that do it aren't so particular about the quality of the finish because they don't specialize in the kind of work motorcycle and car people expect. Many of them do industrial work or contract with other companies that build things like lawn furniture, fencing etc. They can get away with drips and runs and mediocre finish quality.
Looks like your man is a good one.

The headbadge looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Beautiful job dirtyoldcruizer , she's gonna be one sweet piece of candy when complete ,be sure to update us on her progress

On another note the saline flush works well but there's another trick that IMHO works a treat for colds and such , taught to me by a station worker and I swear it works ,get yourself some chest rub like Vicks vapour rub ,the type that has either menthol or eucalyptus oil in it and feels warm when you apply it ( not sure if you have Vicks in America ) , before you go to bed rub some on your feet and put some sox on ,then go to bed ,not sure why it works but you will wake in the morning feeling better ,I was sceptical at first but after trying it ,it works well and my whole family does this ,make sure you have plenty of chilli and garlic when you have a cold too ,it raises your metabolism and burns off the virus quicker
Hope you feel better soon enough mate

Regards Henshooter

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
dnutGuys,,, It's a joke " Straight Bar sickness" I'm fine & didn't have any sickness this year or past few I recall.

I use some old preventative remedies as well,,, Cod Liver oil & an orange wedge,,some of you may recall our Moms giving us a big tablespoon & handing a orange wedge to eat after taking it.

Heck, I think I'll check the medicine cabniet & see if I need some vicks rub as well Thanks Henshooter,, I can re-call that one as well Mom also put it in the vaporizer!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Looks great!

I bought a HF powder coating setup back when and did a few small parts.
Even for a first attempt the came out pretty good!
With more practice I could see improvement.
Infrared would be required for something like a frame, and of course it would probably not be as good as someone with a professional oven.
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You did good, Cruiser. That's a nice piece of work. It would make a great motorized bicycle but I certainly understand why you'd want to keep it just as it is. Very classic and probably worth more as a pedal bike. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it and your talents with us.

Tom