Out for a quick ride

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Today was beautiful, not hot not cold. Told her that I was going for a short ride. When I returned the speedo said 70mi @ 20mph average. It was a great day!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Sure, I know what you mean. My bike is mostly used for commuting to work. But there've been a few times when I've gone out for 25 or 30 miles just because it was a beautiful day.

These bikes are sweet.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like riding. I like how I feel while I'm riding. I have the good fortune to ride through a forest with virtually no traffic past tall trees, clear water lakes and sharing the road with deer, an occasional bear. Sometimes when I ride I am both an old fellow and a twelve year old boy at the same time. Sometimes I'll notice that I am smiling at nothing in particular, just smiling. Often riding is like a moving meditation as if I am sitting still and the road is moving past me... I am a time traveler, a spirit flowing through manifestation. Not often... but sometimes simply riding down the road with my dog next to me in the sidecar is a kind of spiritual experience, like what I used to feel with my Indian ponies years ago. Maybe I'm trying to describe something I don't have the words for. I'm glad you had a good ride, Russell.
SB

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I am not sure what the longest trip on a HT is but I feel sure some brave soul has crossed the country on one. I know for sure that a guy in canada has racked bukue miles crossing into Alaska, but I think he used a non HT engine. The best I have done is a three state round trip.

sounds like you had a great time on the ride and 70 miles that's realy good I wonder whats the longest ride anyone has taken at one time ?

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
SB,
I know that feeling and it is great!(like at the Pa. rally). Open roads beautiful nature to bask in. However where I ride mostly you are looking for potholes and surviving the traffic! Still a great adventure!

Jim E

I like riding. I like how I feel while I'm riding. I have the good fortune to ride through a forest with virtually no traffic past tall trees, clear water lakes and sharing the road with deer, an occasional bear. Sometimes when I ride I am both an old fellow and a twelve year old boy at the same time. Sometimes I'll notice that I am smiling at nothing in particular, just smiling. Often riding is like a moving meditation as if I am sitting still and the road is moving past me... I am a time traveler, a spirit flowing through manifestation. Not often... but sometimes simply riding down the road with my dog next to me in the sidecar is a kind of spiritual experience, like what I used to feel with my Indian ponies years ago. Maybe I'm trying to describe something I don't have the words for. I'm glad you had a good ride, Russell.
SB

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I like riding. I like how I feel while I'm riding. I have the good fortune to ride through a forest with virtually no traffic past tall trees, clear water lakes and sharing the road with deer, an occasional bear. Sometimes when I ride I am both an old fellow and a twelve year old boy at the same time. Sometimes I'll notice that I am smiling at nothing in particular, just smiling. Often riding is like a moving meditation as if I am sitting still and the road is moving past me... I am a time traveler, a spirit flowing through manifestation...
SB

There you go, man! Keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles...it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave...
And keep on thinking free......

For those who recognize that, who do you think I should credit?
A spoken word passage always brings Graeme Edge to mind.

But I've sometimes wondered if that wasn't Michael Pinder's speaking voice.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Russell...drop down into southeastern ct for a ride in the country sometime.....me and Calvin are taking one Saturday...I'm near foxwoods

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Would like to make it but am going to be away for a few weeks!

Russell...drop down into southeastern ct for a ride in the country sometime.....me and Calvin are taking one Saturday...I'm near foxwoods