Leaking power stearing on car

GoldenMotor.com

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
I have a leaky power steering. I think a lot of it is comming from the pump. where the pully goes on. Anyone ever try some of that power steering repair chemical that you pour into your system? Will it mess up my rack?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Our super moderator is correct again! I have used the brake fluid fix several time in my 71 yrs. Have had unbeliveable results, just keep adding until it stops leaking.

It can not fix a broken seal! Power steering had to be refilled everyday on one vehicle, the brake fluid stopped the leaking.

Had a mark iii with a 460 cid engine. It had not been driven for awhile, the oil poured out of the front crankshaft seal. Added a can of motor seal fixer and it took care of it.

I would not be afraid of adding a cup or two of brake fluid. It is a high grade fluid, thats why it is used in brake systems.

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
the Lucas p/s additive does indeed work as well and...its safe for your rack.....i personally have had success with all of their products over the years....most recently their tranny additive on the inboard trans axle seal on the daughters cavalier....from a "gusher" to a slight drip.....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I wonder if a little break fluid through a carb with a dried up diaphragm would hurt anything.
You are talking about a little two stroke diaphragm pumper carb? Usually the diaphragm gets too stiff to pump fuel on those. What messes them up in my experience is when a motor is put into storage with fuel still in the carb which then varnishes over time making the said diaphragm so stiff that the pulsing vacuum from the motors intake cannot move it any more to make it pump.

I have never found a rejuvenating fix for that myself other than replacing the Diaphragm. I don't think it will hurt to try it tho I have never tried that.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
caster oil?...............................I would take it apart and do the whole piece what ever you use so the edges if the places it is clamped between are not left brittle

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Deacon

you are not using the rite break fluid. But you are a "electrifying" fellow.

I would use electric brake fluid. Imho, in a small dosage. Delete this post after reading.

Later ole friend. Ron

hi steve,
has the snow covered the windows yet!!?? Am scrapping out some of my older tree trucks. Bought a 1" impact wrench and a lg tank of nitrogen to run it, taking big wheel nuts off. Its almost fun.

Ron

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
well im getting a little muddled. I took off to ride my bike today after some work on the batteries over the last few miserable days. First of all it was a terrible ride. I had forgotten to tighten the drive wheel and it just skipped along. The I forgot to die down the battery box and it fell off breaking the cord to the drive motor. I had to ride it no motor back home.

The good news was the batteries were hardly discharged at all. oh well. The last stiff carb I had I ran cleaner though it mixed with the gasoline. Ran like crap till I changed the fuel then it did pretty well. I might just pull some brake fluid through and let it sit a couple of hours. See if it will soften the diaphragm if the motor i have coming has carb problems they usually do off ebay.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Deacon

yes, i`m getting muddled also. Having so much trouble with both the float and diaphram type carbs. Must be the enthanol in the gas. I tried the sea foam last yr. Recently bought a bottle of sta bill, will try it.

Wondering if i can find 100% gasolene anywhere local. It sure is apita!

The last few yrs i spend most of my time looking for my things. It is usually in the last place i look! "where i find it!!"

i think i may put some catsup on my beans tonite, that spices them up a bit. But they still echo!

Deacon, nc, is that where i seen the river filled with flowing ice on the recent news ?

Ron