Just a video of it idleing for breakin

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is not the way to break in your engine. First of all it is an 'air cooled' engine. It relys on moving air over the cooling fins of the cylinder and cylinder head to dissipate heat. Letting it sit and idle can cause it to overheat and damage the cylinder walls and piston/rings. You need to ride the bike, not let it sit and idle.

What fuel to oil ratio are you using. If you are doing the 16:1 mix recommended my most engine suppliers you're using too much oil. Use no more than 24:1 for break in. Excess oil will result in that puddle I see under your bike.

Tom

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
That is not the way to break in your engine. First of all it is an 'air cooled' engine. It relys on moving air over the cooling fins of the cylinder and cylinder head to dissipate heat. Letting it sit and idle can cause it to overheat and damage the cylinder walls and piston/rings. You need to ride the bike, not let it sit and idle.

What fuel to oil ratio are you using. If you are doing the 16:1 mix recommended my most engine suppliers you're using too much oil. Use no more than 24:1 for break in. Excess oil will result in that puddle I see under your bike.

Tom
Thanks for the help s1 told too me too use 50:1 so i need to go down some more crap i hope i did not messup the engine.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless you're using an oil formulated for a 50:1 mix that is a little lean on oil. Use a good grade of air cooled 2 stroke oil and try for a 24 to a 32:1 mix. I think you'll be fine as long as the engine still runs and you have good compression.

You have to understand that an engine designed for motorized bicycles has no internal cooling capacity such as that found on lawn and garden equipment. There is no flywheel with cooling fins, no shrouds to direct air over the cylinder.They rely on moving air like it will get when the bike is moving forward.

Hope all turns out good for you. Keep us informed.

Tom

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Unless you're using an oil formulated for a 50:1 mix that is a little lean on oil. Use a good grade of air cooled 2 stroke oil and try for a 24 to a 32:1 mix. I think you'll be fine as long as the engine still runs and you have good compression.

You have to understand that an engine designed for motorized bicycles has no internal cooling capacity such as that found on lawn and garden equipment. There is no flywheel with cooling fins, no shrouds to direct air over the cylinder.They rely on moving air like it will get when the bike is moving forward.

Hope all turns out good for you. Keep us informed.

Tom
oh okay, im using promix from lowes 2 cycle i used that last year with my other bike, so i will using that ratio when i ride tommrrow thanks alot.