Just a visual idea

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Ludwig what really interests me is the use of the front motor mount utilization to run a mid frame structural support back to the drops & it is just a sweet small frame setup in general. Rick C.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Japanese Autorace frame design is based on 1950s British speedway frames like the Rotrax. If you want you can search for other names as well.

The Japanese government insisted that they raced on tarmac instead of dirt at some point, to reduce race and bet fixing by criminal gangs, and I think they froze frame design at that point. Note the use of an old fashioned knee hook, which had been used by leg trailing riders on the old deep dirt tracks.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
A part of a race heritage carry over, I'd think, Ludwig. The gear selector change over from left to right is similar to one of my current design ideas for a foot to hand shift mod for my Harley Peashooter, especially if I opt for a jockey type selector lever on the right side.

I see the speedway heritage in the trainer which of course is a design favorite of mine along with the early flat track and board track styles. Thanks for sharing. Rick C.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Could see the similarities with pea shooter right off. I wonder if these are available as a basic kit and if so how much it would cost to import.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I just investigated a bit. Akagi Autorace use small capacity bikes for novice and experienced riders, and people are permitted to enter and try it for themselves, using Akagi's bikes or their own. There are picture and also video galleries.

http://akagiauto.jp/pc/

If you can find who makes the bikes for them, you might be able to buy one, but the expense may be more than it's worth to you.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I really dig the handle bar setup....on those racers

DMB dropped off a frame like the picture above and handed me a 420cc to install in it and could not bring myself to cut it up to make it fit...so I gave it back...seat, tank and all...

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I really dig the handle bar setup....on those racers

DMB dropped off a frame like the picture above and handed me a 420cc to install in it and could not bring myself to cut it up to make it fit...so I gave it back...seat, tank and all...
What?

That sounds like a super awesome build!

Maybe could have mounted a slightly smaller engine?

I just know with your skills, it would have been one bad azz bike.

Gilbert