Does anyone sell a front fork kit?

GoldenMotor.com

pulsar2121

Feb 20, 2013
USA
I've been debating building a motorized Schwinn Meridian trike for a long time and I'm leaning towards a front wheel drive setup. Mainly because I could avoid all of the issues associated with driving a chain to the rear axle, but also I could get away with using one studded tire in the winter as opposed to buying two studded tires for the rear wheels.

So, getting to the point: I've seen a few front wheel drive bikes on this forum from time to time. All of them appear to have custom built motor mounts that were fabricated by the owner. I'm wondering if there's an easier way. Is there any online store that sells a gas engine kit that mounts to the front fork of a bike? And preferably not friction drive given that I will have studded tires and be driving in wet snowy conditions.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You could try sending FFV8 a pm and see if he'll build you a set of brackets to make your front wheel drive setup... he built one a while back and it was the best built setup I've seen, front wheel drive and chain driven, I think it also had a disc brake on the same wheel.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
This is the one he made for a full suspension bike, he's also running a cvt transmission which is an added plus, but not mandatory... maybe if you shoot him a pm he might be willing to make you a similar setup, you might need to send him your front fork or at least a very detailed set of dimensions to work off of, but if anyone can build you a high quality front wheel drive setup, he's most likely the best guy for the job...

If you got some fabrication skills you might be able to find out from him what all is needed to build your own setup similar...

Here's the link to his front wheel drive build... http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=57161