!! ITS THE POPE !! Ya: He swings both ways...

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Next was fork and front wheel / brake. After that was sorted the fully nickle plated bottom bracket and Phantom drive shaft went on. The shortened cranks came out really well. New nickle plate chain as well for both the pedal side and driven side

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Routing of the faux oil line and gastank internal vent came next. had the shorty line to the catch can nickle plated as well. hard to see though. and that black nut thngy holding the bars on is now in the spare parts bin. Went a found a chrome one at a LBS. and ovecourse the ceramic coat exhaust. Which: If I'm wearing shorts blows RIGHT up the cuff :eek::eek: making this a long pants ride ONLY!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightster

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well I road it today in finished form and it hasn't changed much. Its STILL one uncomfortable S.O.B. :) Goes well though. Just 2 more pics for today. Years ago I came across some original Pope decals. Decided this bike needed one. Next updates will be the convertable bit where I swap out the bars and saddle for a more user friendly ride.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Boy! I gotta get work I can't let you have the most Beautiful bike on the Forum LOL! Very Nice! V Very Nice! I can't stop looking at all the details, Un- Believable !

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Heh! Thanks guys. The tries are Felt Circuit's Tubes are oversized Kenda Downhill tubes. Dont expand much once inflated so they retain most of the 2.25mm tube thickness. Also using kevlar tire liners.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks for the kudos boys and girls :) I still think it would have been MUCH better if I had gone ahead and had the darn'd thing stretched 3 or 4 inches. and it certanly would have been more comfortable in the BTR config. Im 270 lbs and 5'7" Visualize a football riding a banana...laff Check out the grass reflecting in the nickle plate shroud :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
! BLOWED UP POPE ! I was hoping to take the Pope to the hotrod and bike show this Saturday night but it seems I've lunched the motor. Been having trouble getting it to launch properly with a big dead spot off idle. I was riding it around the block the other day and it suddenly got a lot louder than usual and then went to idle at wide open throttle. Then: dead. Turning it over by hand feels like almost no compression :-|| Bet I broke a valve. I have a brand new flathead on the way from Old Minibike wearhouse; but I;ll have to vintigeafy it then swap out old for new. POOP

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Do you actually have to have it in a rideable condition? Push it in if you can get away with it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yes wiggie. I really want to ride the thing in. And its going to be a while. Old Minibike wherehouse sent the wrong motor and they dont carry the "right" motor. Right meaning bolt hole on the output shaft. wrong meaning a great dirty protruding stud on the crank side.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Same as before BUT a brand new one this time. The old motor had God knows how many hours on it when I bought it off Craigslist. This new one has a PLASTIC CAM!! Found that out while gutting the governor bits. Here is the new motor ( 97cc Lifan ) bout 1/2 way through being vintagefied... ( its a word, because I say so ) :)

Attachments

Last edited: