Denver Riders

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I know some key injuries and the loss of some riders have slowed us down this season, I'm just curious to see how the Denver guys are doing recently??? We're headed into Winter so I doubt we'll be riding in groups often, but we should definitely keep tabs so we can get back on track for next year and keep the numbers growing.

Frank (^)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm back to riding, just not long cruises. My neighbor, John and I ride a couple of times a week. Usually eight or ten miles. I'm still not as comfortable or confident as I used to be but getting there.
I've kept busy with fall yard work and building a new seat for the old Norton bike but other than that, not much happening down my way.
Thanks for the concern, Frank.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm back to riding, just not long cruises. My neighbor, John and I ride a couple of times a week. Usually eight or ten miles. I'm still not as comfortable or confident as I used to be but getting there.
I've kept busy with fall yard work and building a new seat for the old Norton bike but other than that, not much happening down my way.
Thanks for the concern, Frank.

Tom
That's good that your riding more often now. It takes time to get your bearings back, but 8-10 miles is better then just looking at the bike in the garage. We (Mark, Will, & I) have been riding every weekend usually; as long as the weather permits it. I can't wait till we can all meet up and go for lunch and a solid ride. Same on this side of town, just some new twists to the old bikes. I've been thinking of a new winter build, ????????, no clue. Oh well, with time.

Ride safe,

Frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We did a 12 mile ride yesterday. It was beautiful, warm and sunny and we just took it slow and enjoyed the sights and smells of a fall ride. We cruised through some neighborhoods that neither of us have ever been in. Everyone out raking or blowing leaves, cleaning gutters and getting ready for winter. It was very pretty ride, both bikes ran perfect and we finished off with a cold Corona on my back patio.
Doesn't get much better.

Tom

EDIT: Glad we did that ride yesterday 'cause today sux.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Its been two years since my last ride with ya'll. I haven't taken either of my motorized bikes outside my subdivision this summer. In fact, one bike still has fuel from last summer in it ;-(

Made the mistake of buying wife and I ATVs and that's all we have done this summer is camping and atv'ing. With weather darn cold right now, I'm kicking myself for not going on a single long motorized bicycle ride this past summer.

This fall, I have a huge checklist of things I need to get done
1. Finish a model airplane I started 5 years ago
2. Fix an oil leak on my 91 RX7 convertible.
3. Need to fix up our sleds and finish a project I started 3 years go: restoring a 1978 Chrysler snorunner. I'm hoping we have plenty of snow early this year.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
think i might fix the tube i blew out in march....i think i may be strong enough to ride the mp in its stripped form......this broken arm really really sucks....still healing

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good to hear from you, Van. Yeah, those bones just don't heal like the docs say. I was told to expect three to four months. That was in June. Still have some pain occasionally especially if I sit around too much. If I'm up, moving and walking its better.

I'm looking at that Honda C-70 restoration for a winter project. Does anyone have any secrets on how I can get the thing titled in Colorado? It came from Minnesota, belonged to my father-in-law but there was never any paperwork found on the thing. I've been down that raod with cars before and Colorado makes you jump throutgh hoops and kiss a lot of butt to title a car. I expect the same load of BS trying to get a title on this little Honda. It's a 73, great condition, runs and everything but I want to do a frame up restoration. Should be a fun project.

Tom
Tom

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hello 2door.. You have to do Bonded Title. Go to DMV and ask for the bonded title packet. And then you have 3 steps to take. Take to Grand Prix motorsports and pay them 10-20 bucks for a Valuation.

Then take it to state patrol in Golden for inspection.

Then go to your insurance company and get Bonded insurance for the Honda.. And then back to DMV and they will issue you new title..

Done

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks Duane.
I've been down that same road with cars. The State Patrol is the problem. They treat you like a criminal. I don't take kindly to that. I'll explore a different route this time.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hello,
I'm looking to ride with some people as soon as I get my bike built. Is there some local web page you guys connect on or do you plan all your trips here?
Good to hear from another local... at one point we had a lot of local members that would get together often and ride. Since then everyone has gone back to the small crowd or riding solo... IDK... they just don't show up. There are plenty of guys around town that I've built bikes for; it's getting them to rsvp. This is the main means of communication for local events. I think if the numbers get back to where they were before we should all exchange numbers, rather than relying on the forums. I've been doing the facebook thing but not a lot of locals on those pages. Keep us updated on your bike. (^)

Frank

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
One side still hasn't healed .....but the hardware is holding...its a hard subject for me...but at least I'm riding...put a dh triple clamp suspension fork on the mp to help with the road shock etc. Seems to be working out. I plan on ordering a shift kit shortly after the first, all ready have a sturmey 3spd drum to put on it.....

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Where are the Denver guys at these days??? I remember these rides were growing and growing, then they just fell off the map. What happened??? We need to try to get at least one group ride in before the nasty season kicks in. Who is still out there paying attention, I'll post something for the ride soon to see if there are any bites

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
I'm here, albeit a little late. I don't live in Denver but if you hold a ride in the North or at least closer than Westminister, I can ride to the gathering place. There is some great riding to be had out here in the farmland and foothills.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
i know ill be back next season took some finacial blows plus college couldnt justify the gas getting up thier . shawn was taped this summer to but or bikes are in strong working order and we wanna ride with the group again .