Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting

Motorized Bicycle Trouble Shooting Use this area to post problems that may arise, if you could use some help in figuring out what is wrong with your engine and what needs to be done to achieve top performance.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: No start up on a 80cc engine

It sounds like your tank is angled forward and doesn't have much fuel, or like your carb has a small blockage, or possibly, you aren't getting enough air. Try starting it in a dust free area without the air filter. Also try priming the cylinder with a small amount of premixed fuel. You should clean out your carb as well, just to make sure you are clear and unblocked. Take off the bowl too, and make sure your float is capable of moving freely, and that it opens and closes the valve at the end of your fuel line. If none of these work, you may need a new carb.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM

if you mean that there is air in the fuel line, that is normal - only way to check flow is by turning off gas, opening drain on carb bowl, turning gas back on to see if flow comes out the drain
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crassius View Post
if you mean that there is air in the fuel line, that is normal - only way to check flow is by turning off gas, opening drain on carb bowl, turning gas back on to see if flow comes out the drain
He still needs to check his jet for blockages, and check that he's getting enough air to his engine. There is always air in my line, no matter what I do, so I know that this is normal. When my engine didn't start after my head came loose, (I torqued it down and still didn't start, even though it really REALLY wanted to) I checked my flow through the line, and that was all good. I checked my jet, and there was a piece of dirt lodged in there. I blew it out, and my engine runs now.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightRiderXx View Post
He still needs to check his jet for blockages
He did indicate his plug's wet and cylinder lubed. Still waiting on feedback though. Would also like to know if this engine EVER started.

P.S.: OP, DON'T use 16:1...use 24:1 for break-in. 16:1 is WAY too much oil.

Last edited by Kioshk; 03-21-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Tags
80cc, china