No start up on a 80cc engine

GoldenMotor.com

Losingchampion

Mar 19, 2017
San Antonio
I have a spark, and the piston moves when I pedal with the clutch untouched. It sound like it wants to start or that the piston is moving extremely fast either way no start. I've been trying different things going on some forums. I've replaced the magneto, cdi and spark plug. Although I the fuel doesn't move on its own down to the engine the spark plug had gasoline on it. The pistons well lubricated. Also the clutch is very tight as in I move the wheel a couple of inches and the piston is on the opposite side.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Sounds like your magnet may be installed the wrong way. This would screw the timing up.

You're sure it's gasoline you're using? ;)

Also, what did you mean by "the fuel doesn't move on its own"?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
go thru the steps in the 'no start' thread and check carefully several times as it is easy to wire backwards and not check again as that step was already done

I note you didn't mention if spark was there

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
early mornings I'm on a really crappy 'puter that is hard to read

makes the point about checking several times tho

Losingchampion

Mar 19, 2017
San Antonio
Well i have to angle the the bike upward like doing a wheely to get the gas moving down. On the gas topic i used a 16:1 ratio with two cycle oil from walmart. And yes i have a whiteish kinda of spark.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
It sounds like your tank is angled forward and doesn't have much fuel, or like your carb has a small blockage, or possibly, you aren't getting enough air. Try starting it in a dust free area without the air filter. Also try priming the cylinder with a small amount of premixed fuel. You should clean out your carb as well, just to make sure you are clear and unblocked. Take off the bowl too, and make sure your float is capable of moving freely, and that it opens and closes the valve at the end of your fuel line. If none of these work, you may need a new carb.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you mean that there is air in the fuel line, that is normal - only way to check flow is by turning off gas, opening drain on carb bowl, turning gas back on to see if flow comes out the drain

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
if you mean that there is air in the fuel line, that is normal - only way to check flow is by turning off gas, opening drain on carb bowl, turning gas back on to see if flow comes out the drain
He still needs to check his jet for blockages, and check that he's getting enough air to his engine. There is always air in my line, no matter what I do, so I know that this is normal. When my engine didn't start after my head came loose, (I torqued it down and still didn't start, even though it really REALLY wanted to) I checked my flow through the line, and that was all good. I checked my jet, and there was a piece of dirt lodged in there. I blew it out, and my engine runs now.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
He still needs to check his jet for blockages
He did indicate his plug's wet and cylinder lubed. Still waiting on feedback though. Would also like to know if this engine EVER started.

P.S.: OP, DON'T use 16:1...use 24:1 for break-in. 16:1 is WAY too much oil.

Last edited: