Newbie working on Staton inside drive install

GoldenMotor.com

gdog0530

Nov 22, 2008
Japan
Hi Folks,
I just finished building my bike. It is a single speed cyclocross bike (sort of like a hybrid, 700c/27 in knobby tires, canti brakes, road geometry) I have the staton hub built on my wheel. After a few test rides I have started installing the Subaru EH035 inside drive. The problem I am having is the 24 oz gas tank that Staton includes increase the tire clearance by an extra 3-4 inches as it extend too far below the gear box and engine. After looking at several pictures (which seems to be the only way to learn how to install the thing) I've figured out that the 21.76 oz gas tank is much sleeker and does not over-extend below the engine. This would save me from putting the extensions on the U shaped bracket since the engine would be level closer to the tire. I cannot seem to find anyplace to order the 21.76 oz gas tank from. Suprisingly they don't have them for sale on the staton site.
I live in Japan where I there is a hardware store that has so many parts for projects. I've found aluminum struts that I'm going to use in place of the ones staton includes. If I had the smaller gas tank I'd be finished with the install but now it's just more frustration.

Anyway I'd like to hear from other staton owners and can't wait to finish the build and post pictures. The bike is all black and I'm going to paint the gear box and hardware black when done..flg.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum gdog0530, we are glad you joined the largest Motorized Bicycle Forum on the net.

I personally do not have any experience with the staton, but others do, hopefully they will jump in here.