hello from south-eastern wisconsin

GoldenMotor.com

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
I am new to motorbicycles. I starting my builds last fall. have two finished, almost done with a third. first one is a Schwinn spoiler with a lifan 125cc engine, second one is a black mini Harley with an 8cc chinagirl , the third one (almost finished) is an occ chopper trike with an 80cc engine.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the clubhouse!!

I'm sure that some of the guys would like to see some pics of your creations.....we seem to be a visual bunch! :D

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
thank you. the trike is my favorite also. it has functional signals, head ,tail and brake lights and horn. I installed a 12 volt magneto , regulator/rectifier and cycle battery, so it has a functional charging system. just install a billet high compression head(not in the pic) also have cdi box with advanced curve with 12v coil. 32 tooth rear sprocket, slower take off but better top speed. delloroto 15.15 carb, and banana expansion pipe installed. I have only test fired it so far, I built it in the basement over the winter. another couple of weeks weather should be a little better and will be taking her out for her first ride.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the community. You're a talented builder and we're glad you've joined our ranks. Looks as if you won't be asking to many 'how to' questions because your motorized bicycle (trike) building is superb.
Keep us informed as to how the trike performs. Congratulations, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
hoping to learn some tips and tricks , and help other motorheads with their builds. I seem to get a little carried away with the builds. I have gotten many compliments on all three of my bikes. the trike seems to be most peoples favorite.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
You do awesome work! I really like all of your bikes.
Could you give more info on the 12 volt magneto? Is it a wheel hub style or is it engine mounted?
Where did you find the rear fenders for the trike?
Did you build the bikes from the ground up or rework existing bikes? They look factory made either way.

Last edited:

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
the 12 volt magneto mounts inside of the engine case.the original magnto can be left inside the cover to be used for your coil, and the 12v magnto is mounted opposite of it, using the same mounting screws. it is a pretty easy install,takes only a few minutes to do. you can find it on ebay just search mini gen max. the fenders I found on amazon, they were just under $5 each. the large chopper started out as a Schwinn spoiler I bought from ebay. the black bike and the trike I built from used and abused Schwinn occ stingrays I picked up at garage sales

Last edited:

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
building these surprised myself! I expected these builds to be more involed then they were. I ordered the lifan 125cc engine for the Schwinn spoiler mounted it to the frame, bolted the rear sprocket where there was a rear disc brake, and it lined up perfect. needed a longer axle for the trike for the wider occ wheels. found an old axle I thought I could modify on ebay, and it arrived turned out to be exact length, diameter, with keyways right where I needed them. was a perfect fit with no mods! all three of my builds were like that. everything I bought or found just seemed meant to be. even the trunk for the trike had four mounting holes in it that lined up perfect with four holes in the rear trike axle housing! after the first build I thought that was way too easy, the next build will be a pain, but it was like all three builds were a kit that just needed assembly. I myself have a hard time believing how easy they were and how nice they turned out.

Bullrider

May 2, 2014
Hoboken New Jersey
Know what you mean mine went together pretty easy except the motor mount being the down tube was so dam large a lot of filing to do for the fit. and waiting for parts to show up good old USPO.

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
waiting on the usps was the hard part. one part sent 2 day priority took three weeks to arrive! a couple other packages misdelivered lucky for me they were delivered to an honest person who brought them to me. usps is getting things screwed p a lot lately

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
NICE WORK!
The harly trike does the sprocket drive one wheel or do you have a differential? The fenders are the regular bkie fenders?
Thanks ........Curt