New exhaust on my cruiser.....testing

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I had this exhaust pipe off a Peugeot moped, so I thought I'd adapt it to my Huasheng powered beach cruiser. So I cut the header pipe off an expansion chamber I had lying around and fit it to the Peugeot pipe with relative ease. Then bolted this 2-stroke pipe to my 49cc 4-stroke. So far it's working very well and very quiet. More testing after the sun comes up tomorrow....

Attachments

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
That looks varrry nice! Only change I would make is to have the muffler follow the bike frame a little better along the bottom.

I want one!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That looks varrry nice! Only change I would make is to have the muffler follow the bike frame a little better along the bottom.

I want one!
Thanks guys.

Yes...I had originally intended to have it run parallel to the ground tucked under neatly, but as it is the header off of the pipe cut was a wee bit short, thus the downward slope.

A different headerpipe would easily remedy the "proper mounting" of this exhaust pipe, but I'm starting to like the angle downward as the angled end kinda makes it look "ok". It was originally on the right side of the Peugeot moped....I flipped it over and stuck it on the left...upside down.

Just experimenting with it, I'm actually quite happy with the stock can that comes on these engines...compact.

Some different angles and the donor pipe. Last pic with a magnet over the hole I drilled....

Attachments

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Looks cool, hopefully you can make it to the next San Diego group ride so I can see your machine in action. Will be posting date and route of ride soon.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looks cool, hopefully you can make it to the next San Diego group ride so I can see your machine in action. Will be posting date and route of ride soon.
Thanks man, there is no hopefully....I will be there for sure! I'll bring my buddy so I won't be the only 4-stroker to show....looking forward to a fun RIDE. Cheers!brnot.wee.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A little update on this exhaust....the engine was running a bit hotter with the initial stock outlet so I drilled an additional hole in the endcap of the baffle. This helped but I took it a bit further by removing the baffle and enlarging the internal holes for better flow as well as enlarging the extra hole in the endcap. Now the temperatures are running about the same as the stock can, but it pulls the hills better than ever.

So far I'm liking this little experiment and will continue using it as it has increased perfomance a tad and the sound level is still quieter than stock...more later.