Please Help!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

SchwinnRider72

Apr 28, 2010
Paso Robles CA.
I bought round clutch pucks. My old clutch had the square ones. I'm having problems pulling off the old part that the clutch pucks were mounted on. Anyone know how it's done. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!:-||

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
not certain but souldnt it come off if you take the set screw out hold the clutch in and unscrew the flower nut???but why would you take it apart if you have the wrong part anyway???are you sure that your clutch isnt just out of adjustment???

SchwinnRider72

Apr 28, 2010
Paso Robles CA.
Thanks for responding. Tried to adjust the clutch & I couldn't get it to engage. The "clutch pucks" were worn down. Couldn't find square clutch pucks. Bought the part with round clutch pucks & need to pull the old part off. The parts that you've mentioned are already off the bike. I'm trying to pull the piece that houses the clutch pucks. Do you know how to pull that piece?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
All you need to do to change the pucks is to remove the flower nut under the right side cover, then you'll see the pucks... just pull them out & put the new ones in the holes & put it all back together!!
If you still feel the need to pull the big gear, there should be a gear puller tool with the engine kit; use it to pull the big clutch gear.