Doesn't disengage and always full throttle

GoldenMotor.com

Brighteyedkitty

May 9, 2010
lynwood CA
The final two problems that im encountering involve the clutch not disengaging witch doesn't allow me to peddle my bike.
When I spin the wheel hard to start it up itll start but be engaged at full throttle no matter what position my throttle is in.

HELP!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The final two problems that im encountering involve the clutch not disengaging witch doesn't allow me to peddle my bike.
When I spin the wheel hard to start it up itll start but be engaged at full throttle no matter what position my throttle is in.

HELP!!!
Let's start from scratch here. Did it ever work right? Is it a 2 stroke? Are the clutch and throttle cables adjusted correctly? Some information would help us help you.
1. Clutch cable: You need to assure the cable has enough tension to disengage the clutch. With the clutch disengaged there should be little to no slack in the cable where it attaches to the clutch lever on the engine. You'll need at least an inch of travel to completely disengage the clutch; a little more wouldn't hurt.
2. Throttle: Does the twist grip rotate smoothly? Looking down the intake of the carburetor with the air filter removed you should see a cylindrical part move smoothly up and down as you twist the throttle. Kinks or sharp bends in the cables will cause problems. You want gentle bends in both the throttle and clutch cables. Don't use tie-wraps to secure them too tightly to the bike. Look at these things and get back to us with what you find. There are several more things we can look at but let's start with the simple things first.
Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Beautiful troubleshooting procedure 2door, exactly what I would have asked.
Just a tip kitty, always assume nobody knows what you have, how long you have had it, or any other problems you may have had ;-}