3 wheel push trailer

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I'm kinda thinkin about makin a 3 wheel center drive push trailer inside one of them plastic truck tool box ya get at wall mart bottom cut out of the box to hide it all in.

My idea is to make a shaft to mount 2-26" thin tires on the outside and a nice wide 26" rear back tire in the middle for the drive...hopefully being wider will make the thing push straight.

One obstacle is the trailer hitch I'd really like it to be ball type I have a 1.5" ball don't know where to get a receiver that size probably have to just make one.

I'm not wanting to make this thing fast at all likely put a 50-60 tooth sprocket on it for a drive.

I expect this idea will get shot down which is ok I'd rather know the futility LOL! BUT if it works you could easily mount a bench seat on top of it and haul little kids on it (buckled in again very slow speed)...do a light weight hot shot delivery maybe?
.trlrl.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Maybe this is more practical? I have 2 of those plasic truck storage boxes (like the largest ones wal mart sells) I could join the two with a 4X4 bolted end to end then put 26" front tire wheels on and just make like a 6 foot long trailer outta the thing keeping the engine on the bike. I'd be able to get ALL my camping gear in that thing LOL! Hafta go slow or figure a way to make a brake on the trailer altho most of the camping gear is light I know me and the bike would outweigh the trailer. I'd also be able to easily haul extra fuel in there as well.

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
i never i thought id say this on his site but maybe you should get a car?

those placcy tubs are prey brittle maybee buid a fram around hem so that if (when) they break u can just swap em ou