rear wheel bearing

GoldenMotor.com

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
So while waiting for my parts from dax, i've pulled my rear wheel to check those bearing as I read it on hear to check and repack them if neccessary. Well they don't look too good at all as only 1/4 of the bearing cage was there.....Anyone knows where i can get a heavyduty cage with bearings installed already? Are there standardized size? I might just try and look for a bike shop to have them repack those bearings.

Check your wheel bearingsssss!!!

Next my front wheel squeek a bit. I check those bearings and they probably needs lubing. Is this also a sign of worn out bearing too?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If the front squeeks, It could be that the cones are too tight, and of course the bearings are dry. Grease them.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I stop by a bike shop today with my wheel. They wanted $52 for repacking my bearings and retruing the wheel. I ended up getting 7/32" bearing from them and repack 10 bearings w/o the cage and lube them real nice. I would prefer the cage as it'll just drops right in but they don't have bearings with cage.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I replaced mine as the cages were gone too. Bought new cages, removed the beaings, and put extra bearings in each race without using cages. Just use lots of grease to hold the individual bearings in place while tightening the cone. well over 1000 miles now with no problems...

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
yeah, my cage came with only 7bearings. I packed 3 extra bearing w/o the cage and lots of grease. So far so good while pedaling. I'm still waiting for parts from dax.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That is a far better option than being gouged by the bike shop. Mine will do it for 20 bux...but he is motorized bike friendly too.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
yeh, it was $15 for bearings and a shimano cassette remover as oppose to $50 to repack bearings and truing the wheel + sprocket. I still had to schedule it for tuesday too if i were to have them do it. As for bearing I only did the sprocket side. Still can't remove the cassette even with the cassette remover.

Anyhow, If I can figure out how to get the titan to start w/o the rope. The pull start assembly is too plasticky....