Engine not reaching top end speeds

GoldenMotor.com

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
I think it was a air leak. I swapped out the gaskets for exhaust and engine intake and made sure the nut where nice and snug. Took it out for a spin and so far and not holding my breath on this but it's running normally. I need to take it out tomorrow for more testing to be sure. I got it up to 38 with out allowing it to go full throttle. The rough riding is back and it's just the rpm's the engine has that is causing it. If I lower them to the point where it's not rough the engine idles to slow and stall's.

tf2psycho

Apr 23, 2009
california
after engine is warm make sure the choke lever is down then adjust the rpm screw
...i noticed your knight rider picture ... is that your car??..i built a KITT/knight rider car
and sold it :( heres a picture

Attachments

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
after engine is warm make sure the choke lever is down then adjust the rpm screw
...i noticed your knight rider picture ... is that your car??..i built a KITT/knight rider car
and sold it :( heres a picture
No, I just liked the picture. I do believe the problem all this time was a nasty air leak and the engine was getting to much air. The gaskets being changed helped alot. My buddy moved the c clip up a notch as well to allow for more gas over air as he said after taking it for a spin that it still was getting to much air. I right away noticed it had alot of torque. Much more then it had before he moved the clip up a notch. His buddy who knows small engines highly recommended I get a different carb for the engine. .shft..wee..trk