Tickler

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
How many of you guys use the Carb.tickler.I tried it on my first run with a new motor and couldn't get it to fire.Thought it may be flooded and after a short timed tried again with no tickling.Fired right up and I've never used it since.
I find I have start fully choked and go to half choke after about 20 feet.than no choke after 100 yards.P.I.T.A.I'm going to figure some way to get a choke lever in a more accessible spot.Anyway how does the tickler effect your warm up.Yeah, I know I could go out try it all by myself but I can't remember to do it.Thanks,Ron

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I don't use it normaly but I did try it a couple of times. Its like the old british bikes they used them it lets extra raw fuel in the carb to help it start when its cold I just use the choke. This tickler does make a sort of a vent to the float as its not air tight at all.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I don't use mine at all.......except on those occasions when I run out of fuel. I use it to prime the fuel line. Full choke to start. I have a dual kick-stand that raises my back tire off the ground. Lately I have been kick starting my engine. I engage the clutch and give the pedals a half of crank and it starts right up.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
these engines are like women yo got to know which buttons to push, tickle, kiss, etc. to get them running.rotfl I better stop someone might get offended:confused:
Lord Vader(^)