New Motorist in Arizona

GoldenMotor.com

tmaxon

May 15, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
My name is Tyler and I recently had a motor installed on a Micargi beach Cruiser. I had my first Moped when I was 12 and owned 2 before the age of 15 (One was actually an Indian). I bought my first Motorcycle when I was 16 and have enjoyed riding my entire life. I am 32 now and have always wanted to get a Moped again. I made the choice to install a motor on one of my beach cruisers and I couldn't be happier. I constantly find back ways and trails to explore and my friends and family get a good laugh when I show up after traveling several miles. I believe this hobby will become a true passion for me. I hope to get to know some other enthusiasts and learn some tips. I have had my bike for 3 months and I am already planning my own build.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
My name is Tyler and I recently had a motor installed on a Micargi beach Cruiser. I had my first Moped when I was 12 and owned 2 before the age of 15 (One was actually an Indian). I bought my first Motorcycle when I was 16 and have enjoyed riding my entire life. I am 32 now and have always wanted to get a Moped again. I made the choice to install a motor on one of my beach cruisers and I couldn't be happier. I constantly find back ways and trails to explore and my friends and family get a good laugh when I show up after traveling several miles. I believe this hobby will become a true passion for me. I hope to get to know some other enthusiasts and learn some tips. I have had my bike for 3 months and I am already planning my own build.
Greetings and Welcome
always on the look out for a riding partner, hate riding alone!
and might I suggest a harbor freight 79cc and an ezmmotor tranny
for your next build. I'm building mine right now. while riding my 2 stroke

http://www.harborfreight.com/engine...cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-69733.html

http://ezmotorbike.com/?wpsc-product=complete-q-matic-motorbike-drive

a lot of members are going that way:)

tmaxon

May 15, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Thank you for the advise. I have been riding mainly in Gilbert and Chandler. Are there a lot of people that ride in AZ? I'm assuming this is where you are from as well.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Thank you for the advise. I have been riding mainly in Gilbert and Chandler. Are there a lot of people that ride in AZ? I'm assuming this is where you are from as well.
I'm out in AJ about 10 miles from you? signal butte and apache trail
I know azbill is from fountain hills and there are one or two riders in
Phoenix but I don't see to many out here!

Can you fab or are you looking for a kit?

tmaxon

May 15, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
I'll bet Fountain Hills is great to ride. I could definitely see myself loading up the bike on the rack and headed that way sometime.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome tmaxon. we have a lot of members on the forum from the Arizona with a lot of skill with motorized bicycles. nice desert rat lives near ya. he knows his stuff and not afraid to share it. hope to be hearing about your ride. w

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
welcome tmaxon. we have a lot of members on the forum from the Arizona with a lot of skill with motorized bicycles. nice desert rat lives near ya. he knows his stuff and not afraid to share it. hope to be hearing about your ride. w
Thank you Paul I appreciate the kind words ,and I must say this forum of yours
has taught me a LOT fortunately I love to read and to learn, keeps me young!
and although I do have the Machinist background as well as working on
motorcycles and cars/trucks most my life, I must say that these little motors
are in a class by themselves and are really fun, not only to ride but to sharpen
new skills myself.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thats why i made the forum. you are a prime example of what its about. helping each other and learning and of course making new friends. for me these motorized bicycles are the fountain of youth. i can ride for a long ways and up the big hills like when i was young and strong. i ride pretty much every day

tmaxon

May 15, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Thanky you Paul and Desert Rat. I'm currently enjoying the bike I have, but it won't be long until I'm buying a new one to build myself. I am thinking that I would like to get nice bike with suspension Maybe a Gaint comfort bike? Do you guys have a suggestion? Also, do you think there is a benefit to getting a bigger engine like 80cc? I have a 68cc right now.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i ride electric bicycles and love the trek pure which is just like the electra townie bicycles. worth taking one for a test ride. not sure how old you are but this old man dosn't like leaning over a mountain bike for very many miles. i can ride the townie all day