Cruising San Diego

GoldenMotor.com

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Hi,

I've lurked the forum long enough to consider myself a member, and decided I might as well start posting.

With the help of numerous threads I've found on this forum (and much trial and error), I was able to piece together something that brings a smile to my face.

My first build was an imitation of a setup I had seen on this forum.

That lasted maybe 2 weeks before falling apart on me. I had issues with the chain slipping, snapping, then obliterating the original derailleur and rim.

Heartbreaking :-||

I then came across an older Specialized frame with full suspension and enough clearance for the engine

dance1

The original forks were shot, so I salvaged what I could from the Genesis, chewed through a couple more rims, learned from my mistakes and ended up with this.

I live in a fairly hill-ridden area and like to ride trails so I've geared it down, but can still reach a bit over 30mph on flat ground (or so my GPS says).

dnut

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Viktr, welcome.

Great looking builds. The trial and error part is just part of the fun, eh? lol, when it works and is done.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Thank you, it's nowhere near as sophisticated as many of the bikes that I've seen here, but it great for my intended uses.

At one point I considered putting a 48/72v wheel on the front though :p

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
where in san diego do you take that on trails? im from san diego too but mine is a beach cruiser i turned into a low rider/rat rod so i barelt have enough clearance to pedal lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lots of folks out your guy's way. You should set up a get together/ride thing. I think there are some already. MB folks are great to hang out with and it is amazing how much you learn about these things at get togethers.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
where in san diego do you take that on trails? im from san diego too but mine is a beach cruiser i turned into a low rider/rat rod so i barelt have enough clearance to pedal lol
There are a couple trails in Spring Valley near the Sweetwater reservoir that I've taken it.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Lots of folks out your guy's way. You should set up a get together/ride thing. I think there are some already. MB folks are great to hang out with and it is amazing how much you learn about these things at get togethers.
There's an idea

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
There are a couple trails in Spring Valley near the Sweetwater reservoir that I've taken it.
oh nice i think ive been down there, my girl lives very close to there, by san diego ave, and we keep our pitbikes at her house and we were taking them down there and even all the way past the swap meet to the gold course a few times a week till my chain snapped a few months ago, just havent gotten around to fixing it

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
yea i think they just had one on sept 1st, i missed it by a couple weeks, just registered a few days ago

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Really is a blast. Easy to do. Post in the events section and put a thing in your signature when a few folks agree on a date and location.

First one I sort of "held" 12 folks showed up and we were gonna do BBQ grill sort of thing at a park. No one thought to bring a burger flipper spatchala thing so we used tensioner http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=76812&postcount=45
I'll probably have to wait a few weeks, my current shift at work has me working weekends

...and clever use of a tensioner, I'll withhold any tension puns :p

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
oh nice i think ive been down there, my girl lives very close to there, by san diego ave, and we keep our pitbikes at her house and we were taking them down there and even all the way past the swap meet to the gold course a few times a week till my chain snapped a few months ago, just havent gotten around to fixing it
Yeah, I live fairly close to there, probably walking distance...