New to the hobby

GoldenMotor.com

Caddy429

Jun 16, 2011
Cleveland
Hello everyone im looking to get a 48cc motor i live in cleveland ohio. I found kingsmotorbike and i was thinking on buying a grubee from them but i dont know much about them. Any suggestions where i can buy a 48cc grubee?. I read a bunch of posts and im a liitle sceptical getting one from bikeberry. Anyways thanks for lookinh at the post hopefully i will get an engine soon and get my project started.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Welcome to the addiction Caddy, I myself came from C-town. Too bad about LeBron....NOT!!! anyways, It isn't a matter of what kit you buy, it's who you buy from. These little things are a crap shoot. What you want to be sure of is customer service, Guarantees, Parts, etc. Kings doesn't provide that. You would be better buying from one of the vendors in this forum. (My personal Opinion) Good luck with your build and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. there are plenty of guys here who have a wealth of knowledge to assist you. The only thing I would upgrade regardless of the kit is the Engine Hardware. You can pick that up here...Sick Bike Parts LLC - Performance parts for your motorized bicycle that was my first upgrade. There is plenty more but research will shed more light than I could point out. Once again welcome to the forum and the addiction, Enjoy the ride.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've recieved two excellent responses containg very good advice. Listen to the pros here and you'll soon be on the road.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

Caddy429

Jun 16, 2011
Cleveland
yeah tell me about it i was at a bar in downtown cleveland watching the game it was insane. i appreciate the responses im still looking to buy a motor i almost bought one from kings but thank god i didnt after reading a whole lot of posts on the forum here. i still dont know where to buy one, where have you gotten your motors from? i cant wait to get my project started!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
yeah tell me about it i was at a bar in downtown cleveland watching the game it was insane. i appreciate the responses im still looking to buy a motor i almost bought one from kings but thank god i didnt after reading a whole lot of posts on the forum here. i still dont know where to buy one, where have you gotten your motors from? i cant wait to get my project started!
I got my motor from That'sDax too. There are other really good vendors. I cannot at present recommend Gasbike/King's Motorbikes until I hear more news.

Now then, how is the old city on the lake? I spent so many years there, and a few regretting that I had to leave. I miss so many people there. I miss the orchestra (best in the world!) and the teams (maybe not the best, but we loved 'em anyway!) and the Flats (don't go alone or unarmed). For all that I used to b*tch about that place, nowhere else I've ever been was any better, and most other places are WORSE! It's a great town, is Cleveland. Truly it is.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
I have to agree with Allenwrench. C-town really has a bad rap. w36th and Denison was my old stomping grounds. I remember getting up early on Sunday to go play football with the boys at Brookside, even if it was only
15 degrees. Oh the memories.

Anywho, There are great vendors here in this forum I cannot vouch for Dax I have never dealt with him. But if the fellas here are willing to say he is good then I would believe them. I went with pirate, and have been pleasantly surprised at the minor problems I have had all I could fix myself so no need to bother anyone. Keep looking and doing your homework and you'll be just fine. I know on one of these threads someone made a "checklist" of what should be done to get the most out of your little motor...I'll be da*ned if I can find it tough. Sorry. Anyways once again Welcome to the addiction and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
dance1I have bought motor,s from Bikeberry and from Gasbike with no problem,s at all!Like everybody say's it is a crapshoot and I have had good luck with my motor's.....

Caddy429

Jun 16, 2011
Cleveland
Well just yesterday i bought a motor from dax. I looked on the website to see if they had a motor under 50 cc and they didnt so i emailed duane and he emailed me back right away letting me knkw that he did in fact have the engine i was lookiny for so i called him to order. Nice guy great costumer servi e allready so i was very pleased. Now im on the search for the bicycle i think im going to go to walmart and see what they have.

Cleveland is awesome iv been here for 9 years now and theres no city like it. Iv been to ny to chicago and i prefer cleveland its the perfect size city if youv never been ti cleveland theres a lot to see here. Ill keep you guys posted on what kind of bike i get im gonna look for a nice beach cruiser.