BlowByU GT2 Build

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Everyone
It is time for me to get some experience with these Chinese 2-strokes.
I have lots and lots of experience with Japanese 2-stroke I am going to see what I can remember.
The first parts have come in and I was not expecting them so fast I have to say WOW to Paul at Sick Bike Parts for the crazy fast service.
I ordered the expansion chamber on Sunday and I got it today Tuesday nice service.
I ordered the bike and the engine on the same day and neither the bike or the engine have shipped yet oh well here are a few pics

SANY0392.jpg

2754_large.jpg

GT2 Engine.jpg

This is going to be a fast build the sealing of the tank will be the longest part 5 or 6 days for that.
That is all for now
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
LOL well you are right this would be sweet with a shift kit. And if this was my bike I guaranty I would be bolting on a Sick Bike Parts Deluxe HD shift kit II. But alas this bike belongs to one of my walk in customers here is Canada.
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are the latest pics

SANY0396.jpg

SANY0395.jpg

The Super Rat is looking well Super LOL, next to come in is the GT2 I expect it Monday.
Once it comes in I will get right on sealing the tank
Cheers
Terry

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
my buddy was looking at these bikes and was wondering why u have to seal these tank if they where made 4 these the motor kits

[This is going to be a fast build the sealing of the tank will be the longest part 5 or 6 days for that. ]

and if anyone can show/tell him how and what needs sealed told him i would ask u guys to see what you said /showed

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
my buddy was looking at these bikes and was wondering why u have to seal these tank if they where made 4 these the motor kits

[This is going to be a fast build the sealing of the tank will be the longest part 5 or 6 days for that. ]

and if anyone can show/tell him how and what needs sealed told him i would ask u guys to see what you said /showed
Hi
I seal the tanks because they have raw steel inside and can start to rust. So I use POR 15 motorcycle tank repair kit costs about $40 bucks. There are the odd GT2 that have pin holes right at the start and it is best to seal it first as it is much easier to do before you build your bike. Sucks if you get it all done and the find out you have to take it all apart to seal it.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
are they very hard to seal or is it dry time that takes so long because if i know my buddy he will want to strip and repaint the whole bike

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Looks like it is going to be a great build! I have seen what you can do and you certainly make great bikes. I can't wait to see it finished.
-LS

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
are they very hard to seal or is it dry time that takes so long because if i know my buddy he will want to strip and repaint the whole bike
Thank you very much for your kind words. This a customers bike and he has a budget so aside from the nice engine and the expansion chamber that will be about it. It will get stripped of is wheels to make it easier to seal the tank. The GT bikes are the easiest bikes to build attach the engine, do up the chain, connect the throttle and you are ready to roll. Oh except the sealing of the tank that takes the longest.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK Everyone
The GT2 came in today just a few scratches from the handle bars they where loose in the box nothing a little touch up can't fix. I have started the tank sealing process and now it has to dry for 24 hours before adding the sealer. So here are a bunch of pictures

SANY0402.jpg

SANY0403.jpg

SANY0404.jpg

SANY0405.jpg this is a pic of the replacement steering stem as the original one is prone to catastrophic failure

SANY0406.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
And here is more pics

SANY0412.jpg

SANY0426.jpg This and the next pics are mock up pics to give a general idea of what it will look like when it is done.

SANY0427.jpg

SANY0430.jpg This pic is of the upgraded fuel cap as the original plastic cap was useless.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
And more still

SANY0436.jpg

SANY0437.jpg

This last picture is showing that after the tank was rinsed out with water. Then I put it in my furnace room to dry for 24 hours. Then when I am certain that it is dry I will add the tank sealer.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is one last photo it shows how much fuel the GT2 holds and it is not that bad I filled the 2 liter bottle to the top and this is all that was left in the bottle. The info for this bike is 1.1 liters and it is clearly more than that.

SANY0439.jpg

Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Looks like it is going to be a great build! I have seen what you can do and you certainly make great bikes. I can't wait to see it finished.
-LS
If this was my GT2 I would install full fenders and a rear rack plus panier's.
I would get rid of the steering neck for a better looking one and the handle bars that would help the looks of the bike.