100cc Yamaha

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks like light duty spokes up front and caliper brakes. I think I'd want some heavy duty wheels and real good brakes front and rear. Front suspension, too. Too much motor for that bike as it is. No doubt it's fast, but I bet the stopping is slow unless he crashes it.
SB

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
yeah it looks like a heavier wheel on the back. i would git pulled here inna heartbeat on it lol. damn shifter law we have here. thats big gas tank too..looks like motorcycle 1
Thats because it is... Some people don't value their safety much, no suspension and chepo bicyle frame brakes and rims = lesson learned the hard way when (not if) something breaks....

KiM

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would ride it only after upgrading the brakes. It looks like it has a caliper brake on the front and band brake on the rear.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
And the 'something that breaks' is liable to be the rider of that contraption, which I would love to ride, just once.
The rider will want to hope he is the only thing (other than his bike) that breaks, looking at it its far from legal anywhere and he would be liable for any damages done to others.

bet that frames stronger than half the walmart frames out there
glenndnut
I would take that bet....looks like it is a wallmart frame or equally as cheap... honestly i wouldn't even want to sit on it for fear the wheels would collapse under my 'Beefcakness" ;-P

Dave31...you sure you ain't working in the Deep south somewhere :p

KiM

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
are those pegs on the back??? who would ride on the back of something like that???

I can just hear somebody's big brother now....

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It's probably not as bad as it looks. I don't know how sound the frame is, but if that's okay then he really only needs stronger wheels and better brakes and he'd be good to go. I'm not too sure if I'd ride that thing myself though.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm all for building (and riding) the fastest motorized bike possible, but only if it's done right.

i mean, something like that contraption, not only have you ruined a bicycle, but you've ruined a motorcycle as well.

on the otherhand, people have been ruining things by putting motors on them for a long time now. it's the american way. i knew a guy who put a front-wheel drive cadillac V-8 in the backseat of a honda civic hatchback.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think "ruined" may be exaggerating a bit. There isn't a lot of demand for a 2 stroke 100cc motor with only a four speed tranny. The engine appears to be mounted in such a way that it is a stressed member, or part of the frame like on Indy cars.

mmmmudd

Dec 31, 2010
california
yes kids this, is rolling exorcise in self control. .. You can go as fast as ya want, depending on how deeply you want to endanger yourself.