worksman build

GoldenMotor.com

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
so i got a worksman newsboy. my idea is a comfort cruiser with a new age rat rod approach. im going to run 5in rise dirt bike handle bars with monark forks and a strumery archer 70mm front hub. 26x2.3 kenda kinptions. grubee gt4. wald 36t sprocket. and for a seat i want to stitch some deer hyde on stock worksman or some other leather. for the tank i have a 2.25 gallon 60's hamms beer keg. i also need help finding a rear drum brake hub. and lights idk what im going to run. all wires and cables hidden.

but any ideas or pics with a similar build id love to see them. bought bike for $150 local. tires $40. wald sprocket $10. beer keg $20. handle bars $10.

i still need grubee gt4, strumery archer front hub 70mm, rear drum hub. monark forks. if anyone knows a good place to buy from lmk and thanks bairdco for answering alot of questions. pics as soon as i get all parts and start build

p.s where can i buy those cool ignition wire like silverbear?

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
I think it's a NIRVE an I got it art Chubby's in Redondo Beach it has springs an great padding it can haul my a$% all day long,the tires are just 26x2.24with thornproofs an liners . thanks Bob

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i have one of those tapper kegs. those things are pretty big! i was thinking of working it into a bike, but it's kinda overkill unless i build a trike or somethin'.

you'd get at least 300 miles on a tank with that thing.

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
ya its 2.25 gallons. i was going to mount it behind the seat and one of my friends wants me to cut a channel in in and drop it over front of frame. idk what im dooin yet. bet any idea is a good one imo brainstorming

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
that would be cool magrinder but i think it would be too heavy.just the basket feels too heavy. does anyone know of a good kick stand? that picks back wheel off ground? i was looking at civia bt idk

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
heinekin makes a mini keg. not sure on the exact size but it seems a whole lot more practical for what you want while giving you the look you wanted :)

and as an added bonus you can drink some beer!

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
im not sure if im using keg or making a in frame tank. anyone know of a good cap and spout for gas tank? i want it to screw on