Centrifugal Clutch + Pull start

GoldenMotor.com

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Anyone know how much overall width is added to an engine that's been equipped with a Centrifugal Clutch and pull start kit?

Going by the pictures I can find it looks like the pull start adds a little more to the new width than the clutch side does, web pictures taken at an oddball angle can be deceiving though so...

Is more pedal clearance required on the pull start side than the clutch side for these new parts?

If I could fit just the clutch kit in without any clearance issues I'd be happy...

In terms of my current crank arm\crankcase clearance I have 1" to spare on the clutch side and 3\4" to spare on the other (pull start) side.

Thanks in advance :)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i have the centrifugal clutch and pull start on my engine.
about 7 1/2" wide total
1 1/4" more than stock engine on each side,clutch and pull start sides.
my stock peddals hit,i shoved a 3 piece wide kit in the big hole,but to fit tight i would need a adapter kit or short crank peddals from a 20" bike.or if you have a tall frame bike you could move engine higher on frame,good luck.any questions im here to answer them.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Thanks CF...

1" 1\4 is still 1\4" more than I have to spare on the clutch side although I think could probably get 1\4" worth of space out of a couple of places on that side if I worked at it. I'll never get the pull start on with the current crank axle but that's ok...a compact electric start is always a possibility.

So how do you like the centrifugal clutch so far? I take it it engages and locks up well enough to pull you along without an issue?

BTW who is selling these clutch kits in North America? I've only seen them on Tigertooth's site...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
you can buy a wide crank set to clear the motor.
the centrifugal clutch and pullstart works good.
but i can feel my back wheel trying to spin a little and i hold my brake on,sometimes i just pull my clutch in,but its quieter to use the centrifugal clutch as it idles lower with it.i bought my 48cc dualstart starfire II with dual clutch from gasbike net.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know about an add on purchase, but like CabinFever said it should come with a crank set, I can't guarantee what set that is a crapshoot. The pedal arms are rather small, you can get better ones from Sick Bike Parts for $30.50

I have enough room on my Skyliner that I could have raised the motor to be above the pedals, you might be able to do that. I like that I don't have to deal with pulling in the clutch, just give it some gas and off I go.

I wouldn't recommend who I bought it from or any of their aliases, which are numerous. I think BoyGoFast sells them