New Build...Street Fighter style...

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har, know what you mean.

(been building a shop for 2 yrs)

The bike really does have the aggressive look you were going for.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I found a seat while shopping at Walmart. It just seemed to call my name. I like the look and it is really comfortable! I mounted a light to it as well...

IMG_20140903_201001.jpg

IMG_20140903_200941.jpg

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I finished up my exhaust today at work. I welded a bracket onto it for support. I'm happy with how it came out. I like the stainless straps, but they seem a little cheap. I may have to find something else...

20140905_161151.jpg

20140905_161202.jpg

I will get it mounted today and take some more pics...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really, really looking great, Mike.

Think I have that same tool kit. (tuff something from Home rutro) Got me in to this crazy and was a gift. Hehe, now prolly have 10K$ in tools.
I now understand woman and shoe shopping.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well guys...I have some bad news. I cannot for the life of me find my clutch. I have a very bad feeling that I accidentally threw it away when I was cleaning my back room up. I think it was in a box underneath some things and got tossed :-( I will continue to search for it. I do not want to install the lesser max torque clutch. Looks like I may have to drop another $200+ to get another clutch.....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well guys...she is up and running, at least with the max torque for now. I will order another bully at the end of the month. But, it wasn't without a hiccup...probably like most men on here we are like little boys with new toys. You know that nice shiny billet aluminum rear sprocket I have? Not that way anymore. When I first received it, I bolted it up to my rear hub, hand tightened the bolts and checked for clearance issues...all was good....that was 3 months ago. I FORGOT TO TIGHTEN THEM! Needless to say the bolts worked loosed, threw the chain and it got stuck between the chainstay and sprocket. Chewed the sprocket up something good and twisted the chain up. Well, I had more chain and the sprocket did not get damaged besides cosmetics. I applied locktite to all bolts and torqued them down.

Rides like a champ, now! Lol... stupid mistake on my part and I will be reminded of it every time I look at the sprocket. I will try and clean it up somehow.

It is a little slow off the line because my gear ratio is off due to using the max torque, but it rides smooth. Once I get the bully, she should be top notch. Other than that, just little odds and ends that I eventually want to add on.

Remember folks, check, double check, and re-check. Might just save your life. I was lucky this time...

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
thats greats to hear man congrats... if it makes you feel better i painted my motor for hours only for it to slip out of my fingers. I didnt drop it but i did finger smudge the block in several places. hated having to fix that.

Take off and top end will all depend on gear ratio/reduction. If you purchase the jackshaft set up that AGK sells for the 79/99cc it is 12.44:1. Take off is decent and top end, depending on what upgrades you have, is in the neighborhood of 35mph...give or take.

You can change the gear ratio by changing clutch, input, output, and axle sprocket. This is something I am toying with now on my current build....
is that the current ratio your using, or was that the ratio when it was more dialed in? I only ask cause i'm setting my ratio right now and have been gathering feedback. I'm ordering the shift kit but have to pick a F/d for the meantime since i have a single speed coaster brake hub in back.

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Took the bike out for 25 miles this afternoon. She rides great, except for the POS max torque clutch. God I can't wait for my other Bully to get here. My average cruising speed was 39.2 with a max of 44.8.... according to my garmin. Besides waiting on the clutch, and things I want to "church up" lol....I'd say she is done. I will post pics when I finalize everything.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks Jeff. Once I get the new clutch, I am going to upgrade all my chains and really try to dress the bike up. I know I am going to be putting a lot of miles on this bike and it will probably get worn and weathered, but hey, why shouldn't it look like a beauty as well!!!! LOL