just been working on this & that.I never thought it would take this
long to get it up & running.

But being first build I guess so_Oh well enough of my rambling
for now.

Fly drn2

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
They're all this way... Gotta get them together first, then the test ride, then back in for adjustments... then once everything is working it's time to start the cable and wire routing to make it all look nice and neat, then at some point ya just decide to ride it and enjoy the build. I'm finally happy with mine... for now, but I still need to take everything back off for paint, and a few things I want to weld to the frame instead of the bolt on brackets etc, but I'll get to that maybe when it gets too cold to ride or I get enough free time to get it all done.

Post some pics once you get th chance so we can see what you came up with.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
I know something I need to ask.My throttle cable is way to long.But if I
cut it, what to do about the ball on the end of the inter cable.Do you just silver
solder a the end or is there something I can buy the pinches on the end?

Fly

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Flyman I had one cable that was too long for the cns2 carb when it first came out, I found a bicycle cable kit at Walmart that had a split adapter that I put at the grip end and it worked perfect. I ran that set up for about three years. Out of the six kits I've built one nt carb wouldn't idle with the needle in the leanest position, I move the clip down one notch and it idled like it should, it seemed that the needle was a bit long from the factory.

Last edited:

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Better too long than too short. Look into Kool stop Salmon pads for those rim brakes. Best rim brakes you can buy.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I leave them long - after a while you may want diff handlebars to be more comfy - these may be higher or wider (I like a quill extender to put bars way higher).

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The overall length of the cable was not my problem, the cable in the housing was. Even with the adjusters all the way out the barrel would not open fully.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if both the usual adjusters are all the way out, one can get a bit more by turning the elbow fitting on the throttle grip body out a bit, but be careful as that is only mounted into plastic and can crack easily

one can also get a tiny lock washer, open it a bit to fit over inner at the top of the carb, then squeeze it closed again to hold the cable outer a bit off the carb top rather that seated down in the socket there

be sure the plastic stop inside the throttle grip is still there, as sometimes this gets bad and a small piece of metal needs to be added inside to make a new stop

Commander Billypool

Nov 30, 2014
Citrus Springs Fl.
Yeah got a pull brake on mine, if you take up on the cable until the brake pads are in slight contact with the wheel tighten the wire nut down at that point you'll get the leverage your needing to get fair results compared to loosely fitted pads ..