Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Trikes (tricycle) and recumbent bicycles can give the ultimate in comfort for cruising on long trips or just around town. Ad an engine and they will really turn some heads.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: A Hybrid Stirling Trike

Yes C-S I'm going to setup the cooling system as a thermo-siphon system with the copper fire extinguisher casing as the water reservoir. I thought about using a radiator instead, but I think a reservoir type cooling system should work fine as well as being a lot more robust.

Because I haven't built a Stirling engine before I wanted to give it a try. If it doesn't work out then it can be used to run a fan in my workshop which the vertical gamma type are very good at doing.
I suppose this project is about the joy of building something from collected bits and pieces and if it all works then that's a bonus. Producer gas and other species of engines are quite possible as well, but we shall see how we go.