Wanted: Behind seat gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
haha, i can imagine the conversation that would take place being pulled over by the cops with one of those strapped to the back of the bike. priceless. those are pretty sweet lookin. Too big in my opinion but sweet.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
haha, i can imagine the conversation that would take place being pulled over by the cops with one of those strapped to the back of the bike. priceless. those are pretty sweet lookin. Too big in my opinion but sweet.
LOL, have a Heineken mini keg been gonna make into a tank but keep thinking just that. "No, really officer, it's a fuel tank"

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
buddy of mine said Heineken mini kegs have a solid core in them for some filtering or something, so idk if those are the best to make a tank out of. Might have to find something more "low-tech" in mini kegs. just what i heard, you would have to check.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Fizzbane,
Your tank is finished and will ship out tomorrow. Check your PM

Chainmaker, yours is soldered up, the leather cut out and stitching will be done tomorrow, shipping out Wednesday. Check your PM.

I can have another one ready by the end of the week if anybody wants one.

Thanks,
SB

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I got My tank last week...Exceptional... and what a bargain!!!! I would highly reccomend them if you are looking for a classic looking tank. You should be selling these on fleaBay, I bet you could get $75 ea for them!!!!
Cheers
Chainmaker

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chainmaker, as I said I have one too. Truely a work of art and your right, they should be on fleabay.

A sure seller for the person that wants the nice extras on thier bike. They should be a limited item. How much tomato juice can Silver Bear drink.

Steve.

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
UGH! I want mine already! Shipping is taking forever... it is times like these I wish I lived in the states -__-

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Fizzbane, I know the feeling. Believe me when you get it, you will forget how long the shipping took.
The only problem with mine is I've run out of people to show it to.

Steve.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Laptop quit today for good, apparently. So I am using Jon & Lu's (brother & wife) briefly... don't want to impose on them. Hope to get something squared away soon, but in the meantime will try to check mail once a day. Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone who PMs me. I have one 46 ounce tank reqdy to ship. As Aristophanese said, "If it ain't one damned thing, it's another."
SB
Walter

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
SB, I have a bunch of old PCs sitting here. Not one any good but any parts you might need to refurbish one. Can get old towers for change at tag sales that need a cord or vid card etc. Thrift stores too. Just let me know if ya need any thing.

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
Just got my tank, shipping to canada takes forever -__- , It looks amazing. And is going to fit perfectly behind my seat and on my rack. The leather work is fantastic! Thank you SB.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
SB, I have a bunch of old PCs sitting here. Not one any good but any parts you might need to refurbish one. Can get old towers for change at tag sales that need a cord or vid card etc. Thrift stores too. Just let me know if ya need any thing.
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the kind offer. I just got an email from my x wife (#2 of 3) and she is bringing me a laptop from her twin sister who I went with before #2. Yes, it is confusing. Thankfully I'm still on good terms with my former wives. Anyway, a laptop is with her on a plane right now and by this time tomorrow I'll be back on the internet without having to use my brother's machine. Woohoo!
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Just got my tank, shipping to canada takes forever -__- , It looks amazing. And is going to fit perfectly behind my seat and on my rack. The leather work is fantastic! Thank you SB.
I'm so glad you like the tank and will look forward to seeing it on your build. Pretty cool...And thanks for your purchase as it helps me in getting what I need for my Worksman cruiser build.
SB

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have heard that Norm at Venice Beach Motorbikes is going to be selling behind the seat gas tanks soon.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
seems like an Heineken mini keg would work . paint it of course would help .. but I would be more worried about venting it so preasure would not make it blow up

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the kind offer. I just got an email from my x wife (#2 of 3) and she is bringing me a laptop from her twin sister who I went with before #2. Yes, it is confusing. Thankfully I'm still on good terms with my former wives. Anyway, a laptop is with her on a plane right now and by this time tomorrow I'll be back on the internet without having to use my brother's machine. Woohoo!
SB
LOL, wait wut?

Ya crack me up SB. I only have a future EX. I think Carol is holding out to get better but I am really really mean an seem to run em off, snork (she could do way better but lets just keep that our lil secret) 22 years next Oct. Ya think she would know by now

Offer stands in any event Buddy. jus' let me know