spark plugs

GoldenMotor.com

tinnes2

Apr 25, 2014
Wood Dale IL.
I purchased a new NGK spark plug yesterday and the thread portion is longer than the original pretty sure I can't use this or it will hit the top of the cylinder head am I using the wrong plug number I got the number off of one of the performance parts threads it's an NGK B 7 HS the original was a champion J8C

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I purchased a new NGK spark plug yesterday and the thread portion is longer than the original pretty sure I can't use this or it will hit the top of the cylinder head am I using the wrong plug number I got the number off of one of the performance parts threads it's an NGK B 7 HS the original was a champion J8C
The Chinese spark plugs that come in the kits have too short of a threaded portion.
The NGK B7HS is the right length.

You could also use a NGK BP7HS which has an extended tip and it
won't hit your piston.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The extended tip will self clean better IME. The small engine shop I worked in put protruding electrodes type spark plugs in all our two strokes. Less likly to foul. Runs stronger on them too from what I saw. Better starts etc.

This is just a generic picture to convey what I mean.
Down closer to sea level I think a fellow may be running cleaner to use ether model I reckon?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
When I look up the specks to just about all our small engines two smoke. Say some of the old chian saws, mini bikes, every thing two smoke pretty much pulls up a protruded model.
I can see some race exeptions like a very close tolerance head perhaps. Even race fuel at that point. ''cooler plug''