Will a dellorto SHA work in high altitude?

GoldenMotor.com

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
I have the 16.16 SHA carb and love it. remote choke version.

I use it with a reed valve, running a 100:1 mix ratio (ELF HTX909) at 2300ft above sea level and currently got a #45jet in it.

I used a gunson colour tune spark plug to find the bunson blue flame.

I think you can buy different slides for the SHA carb, that have different ramp angles. this will affect air flow at lower throttle settings, and i think it has an effect on the amount of vacuum it creates on the upper hole of the fuel delivery tube(i dont know the proper name).
A #45 as in .45mm or drill bit size? 45 would be tiny compared to the 60-70 people on here normally use.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
wow! their is no pleasing you. ever think a fatter needle would change A/F? just tell us what you want to hear and i'll repeat it for you. that carb is about as simple as they come. all that fancy stuff with a potato in the exhaust pipe. i thought goats head would have exploded by now. sorry guy's. dennis

Last edited:

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
No need to be rude man, really no need at all. Just asking questions, don't apologize to others when all I'm here for is help. What do you mean by a fatter needle anyways?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
needles come in different thicknesses and tapers. so you can have the same jet but will act different with a fatter or thinner taper. this is basic carb tuning 101. read up its all out their but you need to learn read spark plugs or you will live in 2 stroke **** forever. japaneeze carbs are alot more forgiving than the hi-po dellordo's READ UP AND LEARN. sorry but no one can pull a 2 stroke jetting answer out of a hat without a plug reading. your friend dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
sorry if i upset you enough to PM me. treatland and 1977 mopeds sell all the stuff your need and the moped army will give you all the info your ever need on 2 stroke practice and theory. dennis