80cc Clutch Cable Assembly

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey Motor Bike Heads,
Winter is coming its time to hit the road, . . . .

like maybe Florida or California.
Anyway
My clutch cable broke at the first eyelet before it goes across to the clutch lever. Would you believe once I am installing the new cable, I am not absolutely positive how it was,(the two springs that go over the cable ), I know I can stick it in there and make it work, but I'd rather see it in a manual. That leaves me with the NTJL Manual - 4, . .
and that is NO Help! Could you please put me on to a manual for this so I can be sure.

Stay Cool, . . Mind All the Time !

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Throw the little one away or in your junk parts box. Like Joe said, it does nothing but make the clutch harder to pull. I always used the heat shield spring when I ran my clutch cables as per the instructions but I make a cable mount that I've used on all later builds that holds the cable away from the cylinder cooling fins so no shield is needed.
The heat from the engine probably won't melt the cable housing but it certainly can dry out the cable and make it bind or harder to pull.
Always lubricate the cable before installing it in the housing. Mount it so there are no sharp bends or kinks.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
2door is exactly right, throw the little spring in yer junk box. The internal clutch spring will bring the clutch arm back into position. Put the big spring on the cable where it runs against the engine. Put the cable lock snug on the clutch arm cable so there's no slack or play in the cable. You might have to readjust the cable lock after using it for a bit due to cable stretch and cable housing compression. But thats it, Good Luck bro.
fatdaddy.