stolen gas!

GoldenMotor.com

asdfqwer426

Oct 25, 2011
winona, mn
so I crashed my car a few weeks ago but luckily i had my motorized bike to get me around in the mean time. hopefully i'll find a car by the time the snow hits.

anyway, I got out of work last night and couldn't get the bike started, checked the gas tank, and it was bone dry. I had just filled it up that morning, and after i put more gas in, it's not leaking. so someone really needed a half gallon of gas i guess.

I was wondering if any one else has had this problem, and what they did to keep it from happening? tiny hose clamps maybe? I'm not really sure.

thanks

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
...wow. lol Can't believe someone would actually steal a half gallon of gas. Thats why u have some kind of locking mechanism to keep your gas cap in place. Also, u may want to get some aluminum and fold it around your fuel line. and make sure it is secured with atleast a zip tie.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Unless there is a leak, I think you have a gas thief on your hands. Hopefully the thief is using the gas for the same purpose, if he is not, then he'll have some issues when he puts mixed 2stroke fuel in something that is not meant for it. Quick return karma for him

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Unless there is a leak, I think you have a gas thief on your hands. Hopefully the thief is using the gas for the same purpose, if he is not, then he'll have some issues when he puts mixed 2stroke fuel in something that is not meant for it. Quick return karma for him
That's a good point. If a single other co-worker has begun having fuel related car trouble, that should arouse suspicion.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
More likely it is just vandalism, if you don't have a carb leak, or your float wasn't stuck. Some people are just jealous bastards, and some people really hate 2 wheelers, so probably someone just stole the gas to be a dick. Keep your senses sharp and you'll probably catch the culprit. Bet they bragged to someone.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Reportedly, the locking gas cap from ScootUSA works with our stock teardrop tanks.
www.ScootUSA.com Scooter  Gas Tanks and Caps

Won't do too much if your fuel line isn't properly secured, but many vandals probably wouldn't think to pull out the fuel line in the heat of the moment.

The good thing is gas costs next to nothing for us! I can go a whole week without a refill!

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
my guess is just for some loser with nothing better to do but be a jerk atleast a motorized bike can always fall back to a bike

i dont think that much gas poured into a gas tank will do anything to anyones car would probaly just get diluted with the gas cvlt1

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Mixed fuel won't hurt a engine (except for diesel). The only tell tale would be a little white smoke, and when fuel is added to the tank, it will dilute just about all of it.