South Florida folks, if ya happen to see?... (my E-bike was stolen)

GoldenMotor.com

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
My Schwinn OCC electric bicycle was stolen a few days from my porch here in South Florida (West Palm Beach). If anyone happens to see it, post here and it will email me.

It's really easy to spot, since it's an OCC fully modded Ebike, with a huge black battery box on the back with 4" round directionals and rear tail light.

I know it's prolly gone forever, but I have to try anyways.

;(

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Sorry to hear that ! :(

Hope you find it.

People around here post the crime on Craigslist and offer a reward for safe return.

Post pictures.

Get some local boys to ask around.

Last edited:

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Got it back!!!!!!

Police found two kids riding it in and out of traffic/sidewalk/bike lane right in front of the police station... How friggin stupid are they!!!!

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Don't know...
Have to pick it up Monday...
They have it in their "evidence" locker, as they were waiting to see if they could find the culprits, but since it's been 2 weeks and they haven't found em yet.. The officer on the case, said to just release it to me.

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
Glad you got your bike back. This may remind you to lockup your pride and joy from now on.
I got my Yamaha 125DT nicked from outside my front door years ago and now anywhere I take/leave my chopper I make sure its well locked up.

I use one of these alarm locks...

Alarm Lock Site.
Lock Alarm : Award Winning Security Devices, cable locks, cable alarm

I got mine from ebay, you can pick one up pretty cheap.
I spent a lot of money on my bike and the last thing I want is some bugger nicking it.

Here you can see the cable looped through my front spokes and around my fence. I also just bought a rolson 110dB twin tone siren alarmed heavy duty padlock that I put through the front disc brakes n' spokes - (hard to see in this pic). This sounds off if its moved in anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Regards
Tom

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Well, picked it up and the front basket was beat up/bent to heck, my tools/voltmeter (in front basket) were gone, the front 55w headlight is broken, a bunch of wires were ripped out and the rear 36v 20ah LiFePo4 battery/rear controller are gone.
So about $600 worth of stuff is gone/broken/lost.
The front motor/controller/battery works no problem (20mph for 30miles).
But the rear battery/controller is gone and the rear motor wires where shredded/cut right at the axle.
So I need a new battery/controller and have to open up the rear motor and rewire the halls/phase wires. (I have NO clue how to do that tho :( )

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
If those punks are caught, they should be jailed, and forced to work to pay the damages, no matter what their age is. It sounds like they wanted to destroy it and then sell it and the parts to different people to get a profit, or whoever bought it, i wonder if they removed those missing parts and then called the police.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man I know that you put a lot of time money and work into that bike. Really glad you got it back tho! It is so appalling to here of the damages. If todays kids could just be taken to church every Sunday or something? There is just no moral fabric that seams to be directed at all to our youth.