14,000 Feet High On My Bike !!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Ok.. This is it.. And . This is the Thread I will be posting on. I am off to set another world record climb on my MAB "Motor Assisted Bicycle" . I and my son will be attempting to become the first known to reach such heights on a MAB. Equipment will be Titan XC 50 with Shift Kit. Bikes are Nishiki and FirmStrong. Gearing will be the lowest that can be found. So.. Wish us luck !! As some of you may know, we failed on our last Attempt and had to turn back at 12,100 feet because of Snow falling and gearing issues. It may be that even though we only hit 12,100 feet I feel we hold the Record as it is. Well.. Our Intention is to blow the heck out of that record and make it to 14,050. Keep in mind that air craft that fly higher than 10,000 feet require oxygen if they do not have a compressed cabin. No kidding.. Well.. We will be much much higher than that tomorrow. cvlt1I will give more details and pictures to document our next record attempt. It may be that we hold the world record as it is. I am confident we will clinch it tomorrow in a big way. I will post pictures of the whole attempt. Wish us luck.. And.. Enjoy the ride !!!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Ok.. We are back.. I must report that we were not able to break the 14,000 foot barrier. But we did make it to timber line this time. That is around 12,500 feet. I am confident we un officially hold the world record for riding a motor assisted bicycle to the highest altitude. In the next week or so, I have a plan for breaking 14,000 feet. I will keep you all posted. Enjoy the pics of my son and I. The pictures you see are of us just below timber line. We were able to climb up to timber line and were pushed back by rain changing to snow. Temperature there was 39 degrees and dropping. The weather really did turn bad. Very wet and very cold. We could not make it to the top which is over 14,000 feet. Next time we hope to make it. We are improving and getting higher each time. We were hoping the weather would be good enough to make it, but we were wrong. In order to survive, we had to come back down in a hurry..

Attachments