Poll: Is your bike legal where you live

GoldenMotor.com

Is your bike legal?

• Heck yes!

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • **** no!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • The laws are so confusing that I can't tell.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Prefer not to say...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
i'm not american however, i plead the 5th.........5th? "scratches head".........yup, that's the one the 5th.............

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
i asked the local police about that, they had me bring it down and show it to them. their exact words were "ride anywhere you want, but i would still stay off the 4 lane if i were you."

we have the hatfield mccoy trails running through all the local towns, you can ride anything you want and go right into town. wave at the cops, they wave back...

i even got an invite to ride my bike in the king coal festival parade.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My 48cc engines are legal here in Ga, I also wear a dot approved helmet. With all the mods. I've done both will do over 30 mph but I don't run that hard all the time, its kinda like driving a car that will go a lot faster than the speed limit, you have to keep your speed down or draw attention.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have six mtr bikes. I have been riding them for 5+ yrs. including some police sponsered rides. Have never had a problem even though they are illeagle. However I never ride like a jerk, obey the laws and avoid anoying neighbors .

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I voted yes, but my engine displacement is over the limit and so is my speed, but I can pedal my bike faster than 20mph. The local authority just smile and wave.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I voted yes, but my engine displacement is over the limit and so is my speed, but I can pedal my bike faster than 20mph. The local authority just smile and wave.
Yea, it's the same way with me. The way I see it, as long as you don't ride like a total jackass, cops in most places could care less if your bike's engine legally qualifies it to be a small motorcycle.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Yep, act like an ass, and you'll get spanked! The local DPS get a huge kick out of me, they probably laugh all the way to town. My bike is pretty loud, but no one I ask cares, so I stopped asking. To be fair this is chainsaw country, what's another two stroke?

I'm polite, I don't rack it out in town, and everyone knew me before Tanglebones. Most are greatful, it's far and away the least obnoxious vehicle I've ever owned.

Like dad's neighbor said, "At least it's not that God awful dump truck!" My Top Kick was a beast, a big Cat breathing through six inch straight stacks. Then there was my 6.9L International Harvester powered F250, with four inch stacks, with the clicker caps. I think the neighborhood likes my bike more than me.