Will this Diamondback fit a motor

GoldenMotor.com

Bakermcmahon

Aug 23, 2015
maine
I found this bike on craigslist near where i live and it looked like what i was shooting for. It has disc breaks in the front and back which is a huge plus. And it's made by diamondback which is a pretty trusted company. Only thing is i'm not sure if a motor with fit the frame. I was planning on mounting a Dax little devil f80 69cc on it. Thanks.
http://motorbicycling.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
It'll fit but you may need to get a little creative with the front mounting of it...
It looks like that one has the really large down tube so you might need to bolt a plate to your engine mount and u bolt the plate to the frame but use a short section of aluminum or steel pipe the same diameter as the frame tube cut in half lengthwise to protect the bike's frame from the u bolts and it should work just fine, the rear mount should bolt on using the rear mount that comes with the kit.

May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
Does it have 26" wheels? If so, it looks like the frame clearance should be fine. You may have to cut a bit (1/4" or so) off the rear motor mount to get it to fit a little lower in the frame.
Nice bike, keep us posted on your progress.

Bakermcmahon

Aug 23, 2015
maine
To my knowledge it's a 26 inch. I'm buying it second hand from a grown person who would ride a full sized bike. What would be the best way to cut the mount? i haven't gotten the kit yet.

May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
You may not have to cut it at all, but if you do, it cuts pretty easily with a sharp hacksaw. Just be sure the cut is nice and square - if there is any angle to the cut it will compromise the integrity of the mounting studs. And Davezilla is right on about the front mounts. If you don't to make your own Sick Bike Parts has a nice front mount system.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
May have to lose the fat tires to get chain stay clearance on the motpr chain- smooth tires roll better on the street if that's where you'll be riding- 1,75 are still fairly cheap- lightweight and roll well. !,5 are more expensive,

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I was planning on mounting a Dax little devil f80 69cc on it. http://motorbicycling.com/images/attach/jpg.gif
I wonder what DAX is doing to magically get 3 more cc's from a SKyhawk engine. Bore and re-sleeve?

Yes, a 2-stroke will fit but just barely.
I had to use an off-set Z intake for the carb.

If you plan to go direct drive you will need something like a TopHat sprocket/disc adapter but I can't help you with that, I never use the things.

If a bikes got a back disc, it's got gears, and that means jackshaft to use them and leave the disc as is to me.

I don't know how fast that bike would go.
I backed off at 40mph.
It had enough brake for more speed, my body on the other hand has no break left for an abrupt stop (wreck) at those speeds.

Hope that helps.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
47 mm bore and 40mm stroke = 69cc
40mm bore and 38mm stroke = 66cc

Do the calculations or find a displacement calculator online somewhere and see for yourself...
Most of us just say 66cc to avoid confusing those who are easily confused...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
47 mm bore and 40mm stroke = 69cc
40mm bore and 38mm stroke = 66cc

Do the calculations or find a displacement calculator online somewhere and see for yourself...
Most of us just say 66cc to avoid confusing those who are easily confused...
It has been awhile since I checked what DAX has, but last time I looked they were were using Skyhawk 66cc engines and beefing the lower end.

So now they replace the top end?
Cool.
It's not magic at all ;-}

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Top ends are all the same... had a little typo action going on in that last post and I just now caught it... but the 40mm stroke engines are all 69cc with the 47 mm bore, everyone just calls them 66cc to avoid confusion I guess... the extra 3cc's is hardly noticed in stock trim, maybe just a touch more low end torque, but both the 66cc (38mm) and 69cc (40mm) perform close enough to the same that it's hard to tell the difference...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Top ends are all the same... had a little typo action going on in that last post and I just now caught it...
maybe just a touch more low end torque, but both the 66cc (38mm) and 69cc (40mm) perform close enough to the same that it's hard to tell the difference...
Thanks for the info, just curious as I am steering away from 2-stroke best I can.

4-strokes and electric are my thing now.

So 3cc in an actual measured more is pretty much like calling them 80cc's.
A bigger number with little benefit.

Not so with 4 bangers and electrics.
The numbers are all true and more is better.

I just tried out my first 53cc HS 144F-1G direct drive build.
Only 4cc more than the common 49 but you can actually feel the extra power exactly where and when you need it.

As for electric, well, easy for me, I am a certified electronic engineer and know exactly what the numbers mean.

Power (Watts)=Voltage x Amps.
In the case of batteries it's not the total amps they can burst, it's how many amps it can maintain and the rated Watts for an hour measured in Ah (Amp hours).

Sorry I wandered off topic, just built an electric with a battery whose claims were no different than 2-stroke vendors call 66's 80's and didn't do the job.