2015 Midwest Motorized Bike Ride

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

Actually...I think yours was running much better then mine. I was surprised since our sea level differences are greatly different, but it just seemed like you must have been running the perfect jet to be running that particular warm/humid day. I noticed yours appeared to be running smooth and pulling the grades nicely while mine seemed to be running on the rich side, losing a bit of power and actually could have used some leaning out I thought.

......or maybe the Norton just liked that farm country air?lol

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Guys that looked like a lot of fun, makes me want to go for a ride. I've done the same thing before thinking my camera was on but finding out I had just missed a great piece of video.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Looking back I think I should have just left my video sunglasses on for the entire ride. The battery life is very good on those and probably would have lasted the entire ride. My SJ4000 however is only capable of about 2 hours of video. I could have ran it much more then I did as it actually takes better video, but I always worry about it being out of position or getting moved while mounted on top of my helmet. The video sunglasses at least are always looking where my eyes are or at least close. I really dislike that time stamp very much though and the SJ4000 has the option to turn that feature off...which I do. Anyhow....I am still learning and hope to improve my future vids for sure by getting more familiar with my video capturing devices.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just pulled my plug to see what it looked like. It wasn't a true 'plug chop' because we slowed quite a bit coming back into town but the plug looks just like it does here at 6000'. No sign of lean.

I think you're right, Ray. The Norton enjoyed the Illinois air just as much as I did.
What a beautiful ride. I'll never forget it.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Ray you can correct the time and date, you'll have to go into the root directory from your computer. I found a YouTube video showing how.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
A week late but I just got my whizzer back together with the engine mods. It's quite powerful...woulda been fun to bring it....maybe next year.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good deal Ray, I had to delete the factory installed file. No matter what it would default back to that file, after I removed that file and as you did made a new folder mine is also correct.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thanks for putting that together and posting Tom. I really enjoyed it. It is neat to see the cruise from a perspective other then my own. Really like the affect you used on Kirk's bike as he rode by. Very cool!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys. I wish I had a better camera. The shakes and bouncing is also a problem. I want to experiment with a better camera mount. My helmet mount is too rigid.

I did some video from an R/C airplane a few years ago and had good luck wrapping the camera in low density foam. I might try that but it would look bulky and goofy strapped to my helmet. I'd look like the man with two heads.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Just bought a new 1 gallon tank to put on my bike. Should work out much better then the 1/2 gallon tank for longer cruises like the Scarecrow Run. Thinking about adding about 10 miles to our route that we did this year to next years ride? Was trying to beat the rain this year and we just made it back in time, but if weather isn't an issue next year...might be fun to eventually bump the ride up to a 75 mile round trip ride with a few extra pitt stops along the way?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow! Thanks Tom!

Scarecrow Run 2 is less that a year away, Ha!

-Kirk
Thanks, Kirk. Your bike is so unique it deserved some special effects. It lended itself well to some antiquing. Glad you liked it. I certainly enjoyed riding next to it.

Ray, I checked my tank when I got home. Still had over a half tank of fuel left. I think I could do a 75 mile run; no problem. That is unless I get into more WOT racing with Jordan again. But what would be the use? :)

Tom