the new 26" Kent Devastator dose it have room?

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think there is more room then the Mongoose frame. Really hard to tell form pictures. Go to Sick bike or bicycle engines and see if you can get the size of the engine and make a cardboard one and slip in it to see.................Curt

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I think there is more room then the Mongoose frame. Really hard to tell form pictures. Go to Sick bike or bicycle engines and see if you can get the size of the engine and make a cardboard one and slip in it to see.................Curt
they are bigger than the Mongoose but it takes a lot of room for those 4 strokes and some full size cruiser bikes dont have much extra room after installing one of them.

your advice about getting some exact deminsions is good advice CF.

The frame size reminds me of a 24" mountain bike frame, which I dont think the four stroke kit will fit in either.

Maybe its a bigger crame than I think it is, but I think with an offset mou ting setup its better sized for a 2 smoker and not the 4 stroke.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Frame does look bigger than a Beast or Dolomite, you could do the jackshaft mount trick to move the chain out away from the tire, or full on jackshaft for a China Girl

If your set on a 4 stroke, you can mount a friction roller over the rear tire.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes i think someone did a 4 stroke in a Mongoose with a shift kit,not sure who,see if i can find...............Curt

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
thanks guys I have been wanting to do a MB for two years but never could pick a bike yet . I am set on a 4 stroke so im better off going for an easy first build .

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Someone found a 4 stroke that mounted to the side of the rear tire and put it on a mongoose beast, I think Boygoesfast on eBay sold it to him.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
thanks guys I have been wanting to do a MB for two years but never could pick a bike yet . I am set on a 4 stroke so im better off going for an easy first build .
A four stroke internal combustion engine it is then!
There's plenty of bikes in that price range. My bike is a Schwinn Del Mar, and I've been happy with it other than it's slightly small for me (6'1"). Check out Micargi, they have some good stuff. If you can add a couple bucks, and wait for one, buy a used Worksman.
After riding for a while, I really wish I had a Worksman, or custom ground-up built bike. It doesn't take long to get comfortable enough to ride it pretty fast, and you gotta keep in mind your foundation;)
There are lot's of threads here on bikes- "Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information" is your money section.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
the 24inch sport bikes are 14inch frames. you need atleast a 16inch frame. i wish they did fit cause the are built alot stronger than typical bikes. they come w disc brakes and not to expensive. i wish a 2 stroke motor w fit but they dont.

the schwinn sounds nice.

Last edited:

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
no not yet but im putting in my order for the engine today I dont think il do the fat bike im going for the Huffy Deluxe Men's Cruiser Bike I want that old style

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The Sun Crusher is a fat tire bike with dual V brakes that will take a 4-stroke.

I put a 2-stroke in mine but a 4-stroke will fit.

A semi fat tire bike the Fito with 3" wide tires will take a 4-stroke as well.

Just other bike options if you want some beef on the road.