How valuable is a front suspension on an M-bike?

GoldenMotor.com
I recognize many of you use the so-called cruiser variety bike, which has no suspension, because there is room in the frame triangle for a mid-mount motor.
But I long ago decided, when selecting a bike, to insist on at least a spring front suspension, and considering the pavement irregularities I encounter around here (Kansas City, KS, USA), I can't envision going more than 15 mph (24 km/hr, but I mean roughly) without it.
I see that some cruisers have a front fork with springs, but they are unusual. If you use a Walmart cruiser, you would need to replace the fork to get suspension there.
I do notice the new 32" bikes at Walmart. The large wheel size would compensate somewhat for the absence of suspension, but these bikes don't have much of a triangle.

Maybe I'll do another rear mount.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
Just replace the forks for ones with suspension. you can usually find mountain bike forks for under/around 100. Or you can get really fancy and go with the monark style forks that have the exposed springs. I think the monarks look better on a cruiser bike anyways.