Macargi Rover GT

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
An engine will fit in the tight frame of a Micargi Falcon, so fitting the Rover frame shouldn't be a problem, IMHO.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea it will fit my micargi phantom, same frame geometry, had a 2 stroke before.

The guy who had it before me drilled trough the frame to install it, PLEASE don't do that to your bike!

Get the large downtube universal adapter or find the newer engines with the larger mounts.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea you still can, you might need to make or buy your own brackets that go all the way around the big top tube.

Or you can copy bikenut's idea and keep that top tube clean and clear, and make a dual fuel bottle setup behind the seat.

I might opt for that option later on for my micargy four stroke.

kkalan

Jan 4, 2013
VA
How did you get all the bolts through for the rear sprocket. It took me 2 hours and I only got 7 in! 2 of them just hit dead in the middle of a spoke.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
The tank brackets are riveted to the top of the frame and the tank is bolted down directly to them. It takes me a long time to get them all in. I loosen up the spokes a little bit then put the sprocket bolts in. after it is tight and secure I true up up the spokes in the wheel again to get it to roll true again. It`s the only way I have been able to do it without buying a special sprocket mount from the other guys on here.

kkalan

Jan 4, 2013
VA
did you have to cut the rear fender to fit the motor chain? Mine looks to close to call. Also to mount the rear sprocket I had to remove the little dust cover under the brake. My sprocket would not fit over the hub dust cover. My only option was to make a bigger hole in the sprocket or remove the cap, so I reoved the cap.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Yes I did have to notch out on the side of the rear fender on the 2 stroker but the customer did not want a rear fender on the 4 stroker so I don`t know about the clearance on that one. But you can adjust the drive sprocket a little bit to gain a touch of clearance on the 4 stroke.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Oh yeah....about the dust cover on the rear hub. I use my dremel tool and cut it down to fit just right inside the sprocket after everything else is done and ready to put the brake lever back on. You probably should not leave it out. You ride through some puddles and then you have water in your bearings. Also the grease may run out when the bearings get heated up from long rides. It`s just best to keep all the protection you can for your bearings.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
It is the T-post bracket. The one where you have to drill a hole in the steel frame. I drill the hole oversized and insert a steel tube inside then run the bolt thru it so when the bolt is tightened it will not crush the frame. Just one of the ways I do it. A lot of people on here have a fit if you drill a hole but I still say if you reenforce the hole as to where the bolt can`t crush the frame, then it should be okay. At least I have not had a single failure with the ones I have done that way.

Kapelusprime

Mar 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
The hockey puck mount is awesome! Being from Buffalo and a hockey guy I'm totally using that! Anyone know what sprocket kit fits the Nexus 3 speed? I have a Micargi Rover NX3 with 26 in rims. I think my bike and the GT frame are the same. I'm just starting out and I'm a Tech in the Army. I didn't want to start another thread if ours bikes are the same and clearance arethe same for the chain and mounts.