Pie Trek - The Next Generation: Magic Pie Motor on a Trek Pure

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Pie Trek - The Next Generation: Smart Pie on a Trek Pure

bananas and coconuts grow well lol, picture is outside my condo the rest of the island is green and lush. lots of flowers and color year round. we have one season and that is summer

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

:) Whenever I look up on the mountain and see a 5-6000 Sq Ft house with a 6 or 8 car garage I always shake my head and and say in my best Andy Griffith " Huh... Poor folk. Just couldnt afford any good bottem land. " laff

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

There's good bottom land in the desert?

Do you have a saguaro in your yard?

I like Phoenix, just not in the summertime - :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

well i decided i wanted to make my comfort bike even more comfortable so making a few modifications. first some nice suspension forks http://www.manitoumtb.com/index.php?page=fork&fork=Match&discipline=all also gonna get a nice suspension seat post http://www.thudbuster.com/products.html also changing to a threadless headset and gonna ad disk brakes to the front of the bike. got everything on order except for the brakes and disk compatible front wheel and hopefully will have it done in a few weeks and will post some pictures of the upgraded pie trek, i still havn't decided on weather or not to use the magic pie or the smart pie on it. both are great motors. the smart i get exercise with up the mountains and the magic pie its just fast and fun. i know i could just leave the magic pie on their and not keep the throttle wide open however its fun to fly lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

any other suggestions to make a great bike even better would be appreciated :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i had a back rest on another bike i had and didn't really like it. very seldom could i lean back enough to use it. also makes it harder to get on and off the bike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I was going to suggest higher and wider bars because I like my chopper bars so much but after looking again at your bike it appears the seat is low and the stem is pretty high already.
I think the suspension will be a big improvement. Let us know.

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i sure will., actually spending more on upgrades then i did the bike lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

well got the forks in and steer tube not long enough. said it was 300 but only 265mm. i guess know one makes a suspension fork with a long enough steer tube. i did get the thudbuster seatpost. makes a nice difference but a little over priced.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

well got the forks in and steer tube not long enough. said it was 300 but only 265mm. i guess know one makes a suspension fork with a long enough steer tube. i did get the thudbuster seatpost. makes a nice difference but a little over priced.
Paul,
I had the same situation a few years ago and Dean did a simple and quick fix.
He welded on a piece of tube to my steering tube. Take it to a machine shop and see if they can do it for you. Right now is the best time because usually they are slow during this time of the year.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

thank easy rider. waiting to here back from manatou. hopefully they can give me what they advertise. i did make my bike an avitar though lol

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

Bummer bout the forks. Hope you get it fix'd quick. Tell us more bout this seat post! Did you get the Thudbuster LT that looks like a horseshoe on a stick? How does it articulate?

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i got the thudbuster ST. i looked at the LT and didnt want that much travel in it. roads here are really bad and the pure is comfortable but i needed something to take out some of the jolts which it did real nice. big improvement from the spring type seatposts. this one goes back and forth along with up and down. not a lot but enough that it smooths things out a lot. i have to say i was a little disappointed at first however i got close to 100 miles on it and can't live without it now. i thought coming to work yesterday the bike was going considerably slower then usual so on the way home i turned on the gps and speed was same as always. it smoothed the ride out that much. when i posted it was over priced i had only taken down the street maybe a mile. i can honestly say now that it has some miles on it that it is expensive but for me worth every penny
i havn't given up on the forks. i wrote manitou and asked them if they could make one with 300mm steerer tube like is advertised. hope to hear back next week

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

was a perfect day to cruise around the island. i love winter riding

Attachments

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California

Ahhh the Island life!

Overcast and drizzley here today. I should work on a waterproof bike, mine is totally not to get wet, it would melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

Yup, it sucks here in CA baby, stormy and windy and cold.

Bad enough Q'in up the turkey outside let alone ridin'. I saw one crazy guy pedaling down the street today. He must have got a bike for Christmas - :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
changed the seat and the tires and grips on the bike. i like the looks and more comfort is always good. a good friend of mine gave me the matching seats and grips :)

Attachments

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
That's one unique high quality ride you've got there Paul! I have that same mirror, they're actually really tough, moreso than they look.