Need mounting/installation help ASAP...

GoldenMotor.com

nnov8r

May 22, 2012
usa
I'm completely new to motor-bicycling. I thought it would be a good idea, so I purchased a 49cc 4 stroke t-belt hua sheng engine and mounting kit. Now that it's here I don't know where to begin. Although I'm not sure, but I think it may be missing some parts. I don't know where to begin or how to mount or install. I really don't even know what the parts are all called. What if any additional parts or tools will I need and how do I get this thing going? I have a genesis 29in cruiser I want to put this on. Anyone please help. It came with no mounting/install instructions at all.

Last edited:

nnov8r

May 22, 2012
usa
thanks for the link but how do i connect the throttle wires? seriously i 'm new to this kinda stuff...

nnov8r

May 22, 2012
usa
ok i now get how to connect the throttle but how do i connect the two wires coming from the kill switch. i need a pic or diagram...

nnov8r

May 22, 2012
usa
i need help because i messed up by suggesting this idea for my hubby to get a motorized bike instead of a 50cc scooter thingy. he's mad at me because he didn't want me to get something that would have to be assembled and he doesn't want to be bothered with it. He said if i can get it working he'd keep it if not he'd return it. I still think it's a neat idea just takes some patience. I want it to work because i think it would be great on his 29" genesis cruiser. i need to know how to connect the wires from the kill switch everything else seems pretty easy... so far.

nnov8r

May 22, 2012
usa
i read through them,and i didn't see anything regarding the wires except where it said most people get rid of them and it's better to get new ones from radio shack. I think i just need a picture on how they connect because i don't know what to do with the ones coming out of the engine. if i decide not to use a kill switch at all what do i do with the wires coming from the engine? do i just let them hang there?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Edited due to wrong information, Ibedayank was correct.

nnov8r, I am in no way suggesting that a kill switch be eliminated all together for the lifetime of the bike, just leave it disconnected until after the engine has been proven to run well.

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
gearnut... and how do you let out the clutch on a centifical clutch motor? and choking them out is also not the best idea running a kill switch is the best idea so you can shut off the motor if the throttle sticks

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Now that I have steered you waaay off on information for the wrong kit (I am soo sorry about that :oops:), Here is information for the same engine that you have.
The gearbox in this particular kit is different, but everything concerning the throttle cable and kill switch is the same. It is a PDF download installation manual.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4-Stroke-Manual.pdf

Skip over all the stuff related to the gearbox, gearbox cable, ect. and after all that you will find the info you are looking for.

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Do not connect the kill switch till you first have the bike running. The reason you do this is because you want to take it out of the equasion (Spelling). Once you're sure that the bike runs fine, then you can plug the kill switch. It's pretty easy. Plug one wire to the blue, and the other one to the black. Take the white wire and either clip it off, or tape it and get it out of the way.

I don't know why people get things that are too much for them. I'm worried your husband will be upset at you, wasting your time and money on something that is out of your knowledge base.
I have ridden everything from a scooter to 200+HP motorcycles, scooters are a lot of fun. So is motorized bikes. The difference is scooters are a bit more reliable. I LOVE my motorized bike because I built it. I made it work... I'd rather spend a weekend in the garage building something, then going and buing it outright.

Hope you get all that stuff figured out. If not, find a nice member near you and they maybe can help you with the install.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
50cc cheap chinese scooters are notoriously crappy.....so a motorized bike is not the worst choice.

Stick with the Hu Sheng and you will likely have success. Then you can chuckle at your husband when he sees how much fun you are having, and wants to ride your bike.

....and you say "Get your own". ;)

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Do not connect the kill switch till you first have the bike running. The reason you do this is because you want to take it out of the equasion (Spelling). Once you're sure that the bike runs fine, then you can plug the kill switch. It's pretty easy. Plug one wire to the blue, and the other one to the black. Take the white wire and either clip it off, or tape it and get it out of the way.

I don't know why people get things that are too much for them. I'm worried your husband will be upset at you, wasting your time and money on something that is out of your knowledge base.
I have ridden everything from a scooter to 200+HP motorcycles, scooters are a lot of fun. So is motorized bikes. The difference is scooters are a bit more reliable. I LOVE my motorized bike because I built it. I made it work... I'd rather spend a weekend in the garage building something, then going and buing it outright.

Hope you get all that stuff figured out. If not, find a nice member near you and they maybe can help you with the install.

being its a 4stroke motor there are only 2 wires so what are you trying to say?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the 2 wires from throttle connect to the 2 wires from engine,,,
pushing the button stops the engine
if your engine has a 'run-off' switch (some HuaShengs do),
1 wire from throttle goes to ground, the other connects to the wire from switch to engine
(I always left my switch at run);)