build no.2 the wifes beach trike

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Very nice, Gnu!
You've done an excellent job on her trike!!!

The video was great! Nice, quiet idle... and stable! Wow!
I don't know if I ever tried to get mine to idle that long! :)

Is it the header wrap that contributes so well to your sound muffling?
If it is, it's a real winner!

Can't wait to see what you decide on for chainguards. :)
(remember wayne's plexiglass guards?)

Oh, I'm surprised you have not fabbed an Alf clutch cable roller, or a Tommy Noodle. I like the Alf Roller a lot, over the stock cable rig, and I'll try the Tommy Noodle pretty soon, which totally re-routes the cable.

BTW, 'the cheese' is an awesome axe!
I have had any number of very talented friends over the years... if they picked up any kind of musical instrument, everything else in the entire area just kinda stopped, when they began playing... :)
I never developed the skill, and certainly didn't have the gift.

But I enjoy talent a lot! :)

Best
rc

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
well she has seen it out in front of the house an was in her socks didnt want to go ride it without shoes ....go figure ... I had to remind her its HERS to at least set on it . 1 pic vid later its uploading.

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Rc I am not sure if the header wrap does more than keep the head of the pipe hot but cool to the touch , if its in fact dampening noise HEY ADDED BONUS .
Killer it was still filthy in that pic I hadn't detailed it yet , after that its all hers to keep clean !
for some reason the lil vid I took doesnt want to upload , so I will work on that a bit later, still doing the test an tune on the brakes an various other lil tidbits its not perfect yet but close should be done with that in bout an hourI needed a break .
Tom thank you , very much .
It's all of you veteran builders that drive me on .
p.s. next ones a rat I need a break from shiny paint an preety , I want patina ,bare welds , a lil dangerous looking an that 50's rat rod cool .
Gary

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
finally her first look at it outside running vid loaded ! , I still cant get over one thing she was almost scared to touch it .
got more work at work , imagine that ! so hopefully in a few days I will try an sneak some pics of her on it or a lil vid riding it , an one good one showing its details .
Gary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiK33irKWDc

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That Sir, is indeed a work of art. It should be sitting in a show room somewhere and crowds around it speechless. For once I am.
I can understand why your wife didn't want to get on it since it's so nice.

Steve.

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Incredible trike man! A first rate build. Im actually about to build a motorized trike out of a 1952 Worksman trike but im having trouble figuring out the drivetrain. And I cant figure out for the life of me what you did!! Could you please shed some light on how you hooked up your chain to the rear sprocket? And does your trike have some kind of differential? Thanks! I cant wait to see the first ride video!!

-Jasper

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thanks Jasper, I am running a sbp hd jackshaft /shiftkit to keep from running a left side chain also using a nexus 3 spd to a fixed gear rear axel only driving 1 wheel there may be pics of that setup somewhere in the thread , I just cant seem to remember for sure or not , if not just private me an I can get you a few to help you out.
I took her trike out for its enhanced state inspection today it passed ! now waiting on the vin an title .
Gary

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Thanks Jasper, I am running a sbp hd jackshaft /shiftkit to keep from running a left side chain also using a nexus 3 spd to a fixed gear rear axel only driving 1 wheel there may be pics of that setup somewhere in the thread , I just cant seem to remember for sure or not , if not just private me an I can get you a few to help you out.
I took her trike out for its enhanced state inspection today it passed ! now waiting on the vin an title .
Gary
Thanks Gary now i get it! Ive seen those shiftkits before, but i have always been apprehensive about putting all that torque from the 2strokes thru the smaller bicycle chain... Let me know how it turns out. Again I commend you on your stellar build dnut

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Jasper, I wouldnt build a bike without the jackshaft , never had a single problem with the chains , wrong only 1 time I had the chain jump off but I was riding it HARD .

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Jasper, I wouldnt build a bike without the jackshaft , never had a single problem with the chains , wrong only 1 time I had the chain jump off but I was riding it HARD .
Thats all I needed to hear! Thanks for all the info Gary! Im gonna order a jackshaft kit this week and start my trike next week... Ill definitely put up a thread...
Cheers.

dnut